Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 29th Dinner Post

Good Afternoon!

It is just a picture perfect day of about 65 but feels warmer because of the sun. The low will be about 50.

I left early and got some errands ran and grocery shopping. I hate shopping. At the store chicken breasts were on sale for $.99 a lb. and I was there five minutes after they opened and the whooping total of 12 packages were already sold out. Seriously? I got the manager and asked if there were more coming and she said she was not sure but took my name and number and said she would hold in the back and call me when they came in. I asked if she really would and she said she really would. I hope so as that is a good price. So by tomorrow or Friday I may get a good buy I can divide and freeze. I cook some up before I freeze for salads and sandwiches.

So, total change of plans for tonight. I bought some boneless country style spare ribs on sale and will BBQ in the toaster oven and have a nice salad along with them. Not very hungry and that sounds good and easy.

What will you be having for evening meal?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We got snow last night, it didn't stick, but it is bone-chilling cold here today. I have some ribs thawed, too. No clue what I'll do with them.

Comment

A nice day here as well. I've got bacon wrapped chicken breasts in the oven, cauliflower and herb and butter noodles on the side
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Itís a pretty day today, it was cold this morning but didnít stay that way. I did my Curves workout this morning and did some grocery shopping for Mom and Iíve been home since. Itís just nice to have an unbusy day.

Iím making Dixie Fry cube steaks, some mashed turnips and potatoes and some green beans for dinner.

Comment

We're having the chicken soft tacos, that I never got to yesterday, with Spanish rice and refried beans. If I get a second wind later, I'll start a pork stew for tomorrow.

Comment

We had homemade vegetable-beef soup,grilled cheeses & my Applesauce Raisin Spice cake.I got some orders for my spice cake for a few Christmas parties & orders for Christmas Eve & New Years eve & day.I'm so happy that people like it & will pay me for them,what a blessing!

Comment

Hello ltb,
              When grocery stores are out of a sale product here, we have the option of getting a raincheck for whatever is out of stock or substitute another brand name of equal or lesser value.Alot of stores will do this around here.Its a pain when they are out of things I know,you would think that they would order more for the sale wouldnt you?Oh twell!
              Last edited by D'sMom; 11-30-2017, 06:32 AM.

Comment

The last day of our November heatwave... several records broken with our recent weather. Now for the next two days we have a weather warning for unprecedented rain. The State Emergency Services have been filling sand bags all around the state for people to collect. Global warming at it's finest! I'm worried about my garden... If we get hail as part of the storm it will cut through everything growing.

Dinner was pork belly cooked on the BBQ with mashed potato. I kept a small piece of the pork to make some sweet and sour pork for my dinner tomorrow when John is out. We finished off with icecream
                I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

D'sMom,

Most stores do that but not Aldi. It is a special while supplies last for a Wednesday but she said because they got such a small amount she was going for more but no promises. I got really lucky and she called this morning and had saved me the limit of 4 in the back. I was there in 20 minutes and they were all gone already except mine. I kept on pack, it was huge and donated the rest at a shelter for the homeless. They were really happy getting that much chicken and they said people just do not donate fresh meat much. I took a bunch of neck scarves also that I have been crocheting and donated them and he told me they would be gone in about an hour as it is cold and spitting snow.

I often wonder if most of us realize just how lucky we are? Yes, I worked, sometimes 3 jobs so I could take care of my children and pay my bills but at least I had jobs, a home, car and food. Some have lost everything that they had no control over and get judged so harshly by people.
                  Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                  He drew a circle that shut me out.
                  But love and I had the wit to win,
                  We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Working...
                  X