Is your Christmas tree up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your Christmas tree up?

Or do you still have to do so?We usually put ours up around Thanksgiving but havent done so yet.I may just put up a small one & put it on the piano.I want to keep it simple this year.
    Edited for: LOL But I say that every year & end up doing more!
    Last edited by D'sMom; 11-30-2017, 06:14 AM.

Our tree isn't up yet but it will be. Got to have a tree when there are grandkids involved.

Comment

We put our tree up on 14th December... the day after Tiff's birthday. Although she now an adult I want to continue that tradition so she can celebrate her birthday without having Christmas trees set up. We started doing this when she was four years old. No children came to her birthday party because they had each gone to Christmas parties on that Saturday. I promised her that we wouldn't even mention Christmas until after her day.
      I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
        We put our tree up on 14th December... the day after Tiff's birthday. Although she now an adult I want to continue that tradition so she can celebrate her birthday without having Christmas trees set up. We started doing this when she was four years old. No children came to her birthday party because they had each gone to Christmas parties on that Saturday. I promised her that we wouldn't even mention Christmas until after her day.
        Chayote, I totally understand. My birthday is December 18, and when I was a child it always was over shadowed by Christmas, come to think of it , it still is .... LOL, only difference is that now I don't care. Have step - grandchild whose birthday is December 24, talk about not having a birthday

Comment

Same here, Sabine. Tiff doesn't care now and has told me over the years to just put it up but I've noticed that she doesn't put her tree up until after her birthday. I like to continue the tradition, possibly because it keeps my memories fresh of when she was a child. I will never forget the birthday that no-one turned up. No child should go through that.

My birthday is around Mother's Day... before, on or just after. My children always make sure I get a Mother's day card *and* a birthday card, just to make a point. Like you, I don't really care, especially now that my grandson's birthday is the day after mine... I'm happy to give him any celebrations I had previously laid claim to.
          I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Both my husband and I have Christmas week birthdays. Needless to say, everyone is so busy that time of the year that we don't celebrate. As a matter of fact, since I host Christmas dinner, my birthday is my grocery shopping day - what fun!!

Comment

We always have a fresh cut tree, and usually do not put it up until the 2nd week of December.
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Working...
              X