Christmas cards...........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas cards...........

Are you a Christmas card person?Every year I think about downsizing everything & not doing the card thing but then I remember how much joy I get giving them & how cool it is to receive them!This is one thing that brings me alot of joy,hearing from people I care about.

I absolutely do Christmas cards. I send about 120 cards and just got the first 20 to the post office yesterday and I have another 20 ready to go. So many people I only hear from once a year so I look forward to going to my mailbox and catching up.

Comment

I confess that I haven't sent Christmas cards for about 10 years... Every year I say that I'm going to send some out to people we rarely see but then comes January and February and they still didn't get sent. I admire people who do send them
      I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

I do and I remember being in card exchanges on a couple of boards and what fun!! I had cards on yarn hung all around the archways and they were beautiful! I mean over a 100 one year. All across the U.S. and Canada. I just love getting cards. They are from a person that took the time and effort with thoughtfulness and that is so touching in my mind.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

My Christmas card list shrinks every year for a variety of reasons and that's ok with me. Most people I talk to or email throughout the year , so I don't bother sending a card. I have about 20 people I send Christmas cards to and that's about it. So many people on my list have passed away and others , well we have just lost touched ....
          Last edited by Sabine; 12-01-2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

We used to send cards but we haven’t in quite some time. Many were to family and friends who are now deceased and there were cards we’d send to people we hadn’t seen or heard from in years. We just decided not to do it any longer.
            Last edited by CharleneG; 12-04-2017, 01:55 AM.

Comment

I love to send Christmas cards! Every year I too, say that I will down size the list......heehee. Postage is so expensive, but I still send. We pay $1.00 plus tax per stamp. I Usually send out 40+ cards. And I love to go Christmas card shopping, I buy oodles of boxes.
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Mudder,

Try yard sales and estate sales. I have boxes of vintage cards, some they just don't make anymore and some newer ones. I can match the card for the person and it is something I enjoy doing. I can get boxes for 10 cents and maybe one card is missing. Sending you a pm.
                Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                He drew a circle that shut me out.
                But love and I had the wit to win,
                We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I will have to keep an eye open!
                  A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I don't do Christmas cards anymore. I began noticing that people only sent me cards after they got one from me and I figured since I didn't really like to do them and apparently, people weren't going to send one anyway, I'd just make it easier to them and not send them out in the first place

Comment

Hi Vera,
                      Wow thats alot of Christmas cards!I havent counted how many I send,probably about 35-40 each year,maybe give or take a few.I also save them & love to take out the ones from the year(s) before & reminisce about how that person(s) has blessed(touched) my life.Then I say a little prayer for them.I have so many cards from the past,that are overflowing the big container that they're in.But I will get tough & get rid of them this year,only because it really isnt necessary any more,they are in my heart.I will never forget them.

Comment

Hello Chay,
                        Nothing wrong with not sending them.I just send to the people whom i'm very close to,or to the people that I feel the need to,for whatever reason...

Comment

D's Mom -You sound like a very caring person. My cards this year weighed more than 1 oz. so I had to add an extra 21 cent stamp - it gets expensive but it also gives me pleasure to reach out to some people once a year. I do save the cards that have a family picture on them. I get a gallon baggie, put them in there and mark the year on the outside.

Comment

ltb,
                            I love card exchanges to,what fun!Or any exchanges for that matter! I use to hang ours in the archway at our previous home to!I can just picture it in my mind right now. But then I got a decorative Christmas mailbox years ago & from then on out,the newer ones from that year were put in there w/the lid open,lightly spilling out.

Comment

Hello Charlene & Sabine
                              Thats so sad when our loved ones pass (& we have so many that have done so) & I have to scratch them off the list! But then,because I have earlier,older cards where they have kept in touch throughout the years I can then refer back to an earlier time when they were able to do so.To me,its like those particular family & friends that have passed,are still w/us!The whole thing about the act of sending out & then the receiving of the cards is very therapeutic & uplifting.But this is me not everyone feels the need to & thats alright to!

Comment

Working...
                              X