Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did you know that today (30th November) is...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did you know that today (30th November) is...

https://i1.wp.com/nationaldaycalenda...00%2C350&ssl=1

...National Mousse day. I haven't had chocolate mousse for a long time. The mousse in this picture looks very rich and I prefer mousse that is not so chocolate-y.

Whenever John and I go out for a meal at the pub we order Senior meals. When retired people turn 60 they can apply for a Seniors card that can be presented for discounts at various places like the Zoo, cinemas, public transport, etc. Many restaurants and pubs offer Senior meals at a much reduced rate, sometimes half price. Usually for $14 we can get a 2-course meal... soup and main or main and dessert. 90% of the time no matter what pub we go to, the Seniors dessert is a choice of apple crumble or chocolate mousse. I always choose apple crumble because I suspect that the mousse is an instant just-add-water-and-whisk packet. John usually talks them into giving him a kids dessert of jelly and icecream...
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

I have to say that the picture of the chocolate mousse is not very appealing. The mousse can be very light and tasty. It has been a while since I've made them.

Comment

I have never made a mousse, I know I had it in the past but I can't remember exactly where or when. ??

Comment

Iíve never made mousse, and I donít think chocolate would be my first choice. Iíd rather have vanilla ice cream or tapioca pudding!

Comment

Working...
        X