Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did you know that today (5th December) is...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did you know that today (5th December) is...

https://i2.wp.com/nationaldaycalenda...size=700%2C350

...National Sacher Torte day. Until right now I didn't have a clue about Sacher Torte but now I do. Sacher Torte is a unique type of chocolate cake (or torte) that was invented by Austrian Franz Sacher in 1832. Franz Sacher was only an apprentice when Prince Wenzel Von Metternich ordered a special dessert from the kitchen for his guests. With the chef ill, Sacher stepped in for his superior and created what is known world wide as the Sacher Torte. His son, Eduard, went on to perfect this decadent dessert. The Sacher Torte is created with apricot jam between layers of rich, chocolate sponge cake and topped with a layer of chocolate icing.

After learning all that, I do believe I could make good work of a slice or 10... Sounds amazing!
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

YUM!I love a great chocolate cake.These kind are really yummy.

Comment

Iíve had Sacher Torte before and itís just too much chocolate for my taste. I know, youíre asking if there is such a thing as too much chocolate, but Iím just not all that fond of chocolate desserts.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
        Iíve had Sacher Torte before and itís just too much chocolate for my taste. I know, youíre asking if there is such a thing as too much chocolate, but Iím just not all that fond of chocolate desserts.
        Hi Charlene,
        I think these kind you definitely take just a "sliver" of right?They are very rich but a great one is soooo divine!

Comment

Working...
        X