Christmas shopping...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas shopping...

How are we all going with Christmas shopping? I'm guessing that some of you have finished and some have not even started... *LOL* I was in the latter group until last night because I've almost finished.

Until last night all I had bought was three little backpacks for which I had Vera's help to get them to Australia. I was starting to suspect that Christmas day would arrive and they would be the only items wrapped and ready to give. I stayed up until the wee small hours of the morning shopping online and arranging delivery. I would love to hit the shops but I can't walk more than maybe 100 yards before I break down. Managed to get almost everything I wanted in two online stores keeping the shipping costs to a minimum. Lots of Lego, some clothes, some electrical appliances, a little bit of beauty items and a tiny bit of Swarovski. Just have five people to buy for... coincidentally they are the same five people who are difficult to buy for.

How are you all going? Finished? Almost finished? Barely started?
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

five to buy for? that doesn't sound right - grandchildren, children and spouses and John? I've gotten some small things, but usually give money so they can buy what they want in the boxing day sales.

Comment

g'day, Genia... (((((HUG)))))

I meant I only have five gifts left to buy. I have 20 people that I give gifts to... actually 21 this year but the extra one is for this year only. It's for a 1 year old girl and her Daddy did something to help us a couple of months ago but then he wouldn't take any money for it so I've bought his little girl some Lego. Of the 21 people, 14 are adults, 2 are teenagers and five are children aged from 1 to 5.

Comment

Hello Genia! havent seen you in awhile.Its good to see you now.

Chay,,almost done shopping.I could most probably get by on what i've gotten so far but am going to get a few more things, to round things out.LOL.

Comment

I think Genia lives in the shadows of CK... *LOL* Like D'sMom, I miss you joining the board.

D'sMom... I did some more shopping online today. Still have four people to buy for... the four most difficult people to buy for.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
            I think Genia lives in the shadows of CK... *LOL* Like D'sMom, I miss you joining the board.

D'sMom... I did some more shopping online today. Still have four people to buy for... the four most difficult people to buy for.

Chay I think alot of people live in the shadows of CK,sometimes myself included.LOL.Please Genia come out into the sunshine & play?OMG that sounded just creepy!Lets pretend I never said that!
            My DH has had a most horrible year so i'm spoiling him with lots of fun tools(Well to him they're fun!Me,not so much!)Even tho they are pretty cool!I'm hoping they will give him incentive to build me some things.LOL see my mind working here... I can hope right..?Still have 4 people to buy for & they are the most difficult?We use to have that problem with his family.They had just about everything know to man.I feel your pain.....

Comment

I do read the posts, just don't have much to say. It's so hard to buy for people that have everything they need and if they don't, they go out and buy it themselves. Gift cards are good.

Comment

1st year in over 20yrs that I am no where done. Honestly only have 5 gifts bought and 3 are Lucy, the dog's. Kids are no fun to buy for & with hubby being so ill he has no wants. Did buy him the Ancestry DNA kit. He has no idea who his father is and finally at age 55 is curious to his gene make up. Haven't even bought Christmas cards yet, Didn't get kids pictures taken yet so I feel guilty mailing out cards without pics. May just mail out cards to the few relatives I know I better send to and just for go the rest. Yeah I know I sound like a Bah humbug this year.

Comment

No, you sound like somebody that is stressed out and on overload. We all get that way at times and then feel guilty because we are human and have emotions. Deep breath and be kind with yourself.
                  Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                  He drew a circle that shut me out.
                  But love and I had the wit to win,
                  We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Hello mommyx2,

I'm so sorry that your DH isnt well,thats no good!What a wonderful gift that you got for him,words cant express.

On a lighter note,I think we should ban guilt on the holidays!Why does it always creep in somewhere during the holidays?It shouldnt be allowed,for sure.Inspite of all of the things that your going thru,I hope that this is your most blessed Christmas yet!I do.

Comment

Genia,
                      Yes Gift Cards are so good!I'm a firm believer in them.A person gets the things that they need most when gifted w/them.They are always a good idea when in doubt of what to get someone.

Comment

I have finished my Christmas shopping now and didn't need to resort to gift cards this year. I like the idea of gift cards but I also like to give gifts that don't hint at how much money was spent. When my kids were young I stressed constantly over spending an equal amount of money for each of them. I realised years later that they didn't care. This year I found some great specials and chose gifts that were appropriate to each person. I did it all online and now the deliveries have begun coming in. I'll start wrapping tonight.

We are visiting my eldest daughter and her family this year so I won't see many of the gifts opened but I'm confident that I've chosen well.

Having said that, my eldest daughter asked me if there was anything in particular she could buy for me. I suggested a gift card to our local plant nursery so I could continue gardening. I agree... they are good for the difficult-to-buy-for

Comment

Working...
                        X