Chayote---

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chayote---

I just saw a movie on either Amazon Prime or Netflix, can't remember which, called "Christmas Candle" with Susan Boyle in it. She sings a song call "Miracle Hymn" that is so beautiful. I have watched the movie three times now as it resonates something in me. I don't know when it came out but as I don't watch a lot of TV I just found it. I am loving the song so much that I ordered the CD on Amazon called "Home for Christmas". I listened first on Amazon and loved all the songs so I knew I would like it. I got it yesterday and am enjoying it. I am putting it in the car as I can listen in the house on Amazon Prime when they shuffle her Christmas songs for me.

If you get a chance I think you will really like the movie. If you do see it let me know what you thought of it please.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I'll look into that one, livetobake... thanks for telling me about it. We have Foxtel but it's not currently on their list. I love Christmas movies
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

I just realised it's a Max Lucado movie so I've purchased it from our nearest Christian book shop. I also bought one for my sister for Christmas. It was on 'special' for $17.99 plus delivery. Thanks for the recommendation, livetobake...

Comment

You are very welcome. I hope you both enjoy it as much as I have.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
          I just realised it's a Max Lucado movie so I've purchased it from our nearest Christian book shop. I also bought one for my sister for Christmas. It was on 'special' for $17.99 plus delivery. Thanks for the recommendation, livetobake...
          Max Lucado lives here in San Antonio , texas

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

Max Lucado lives here in San Antonio , texas
            Hi, Sabine... I did know that Max Lucado was in San Antonio. During my first visit to the US, before I found CopyKat, my friend took me to his church. I was excited to hear him preach but was disappointed that there was a lot of people between him and the congregation, almost like a long line of body guards. He came out halfway through the service. He and about eight men (the bodyguards) filed out onto the stage and sat on chairs. He stood up and gave a 10 minute talk and then they filed out. After the service I asked at the office if I might meet him as I'd come from Australia and was excited to visit his church. The receptionist said "oh, sweetie... he doesn't meet anyone in person" and that was it. My visit to his church was nothing like I expected. I still love reading his books.

Comment

Chayote, here is some info for you in regards to Max Lucado. I personally have never met the man, but my daughter and granddaughters know one of his daughters.
              He started to have health issues some years ago and now is not really active in the church anymore, but still writes books. Oak Hills Church[edit]

In 1988, he was hired as a minister to the Oak Hills Church of Christ in San Antonio, Texas.[2] He stopped taking a salary from the church in 1990, because he was already an established successful author. Lucado has been associated with some progressive teaching causing divisions amongst some Churches of Christ. Unlike the typical Churches of Christ, Oak Hills began using musical instruments in worship services and held the belief that baptism isn't required for salvation. Lucado no longer affiliates himself with the Churches of Christ. Under Lucado's ministry, Oak Hills dropped the "Church of Christ" affiliation from its name in 2003, calling itself simply "Oak Hills Church."[3][4][5]

After serving as the senior minister at Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, TX for 20 years, Lucado announced in early 2007 that he was stepping down due to health concerns related to atrial fibrillation.[2] Lucado has since resumed the more limited ministry role of writing and preaching at Oak Hills with co-pastor Randy Frazee, formerly of Willow Creek Community Church of South Barrington, Illinois.

Comment

Thanks, Sabine... I didn't know all that about Max Lucado. Interesting to read.

I think it was in San Antonio that had a huge shopping mall with a boat ride. I also remember a fantastic market which was so interesting but I got told by a couple of stall holders to stop taking photos... *LOL* Of course we went to see The Alamo. I was surprised that the city was so close to it. I'd always imagined it to be out in the desert somewhere. We only stayed for two days and nights.

Comment

Working...
                X