Oh My Gosh!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh My Gosh!

Across the street they are cutting down some huge pine trees and I mean huge. They put a cable around the top, trailing a lead rope, cut it off at the base and lift that thing up so high, move it out into the yard physically pushing the base back, grab the lead rope and lower it down. You can hear the branches cracking as it lays down. They then cut the branches off, shred them, cut the base up and move onto the next one. They are doing four and they are so tall that a shower of pine cones is amazing watching.. They sit almost against the house so I think that is why they are being cut. If they fell, goodbye house and goodbye my house as they would cross the road and really be a hazard.

The cars coming down the road sure did stop quickly when they saw this huge pine floating in air. About 30 cars stopped, watched, and then moved on down the road. All around me neighbors are sitting on their porches as they are as enthralled with seeing these huge trees airborne as I am.

That is my start for my day.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Did you take pictures?

Comment

Having just removed about 30 trees from our yard, I know the pitfalls of cutting down trees and the many things that can go wrong. Sounds like they hired a pretty good company to take down the trees. I would like to see them do it.

Comment

No smokey I was never even thought of it. Why did you not tell me earlier that I should do that!! LOL

They did Allie. You could tell that just by the way it was done and only three men and their equipment. They were totally done in about three hours and that included raking the yard clean and using a leaf blower for all the sawdust on the sidewalk and porch. I mean those men were efficient.

It was so awesome seeing that. Even DGS thought it was pretty cool watching it. I was washing down the house under the porch so all my flower boxes, hanging baskets and huge wind chime that hangs right in the middle of the porch under the eves would look so much nicer. No rain gets there so every spring I am out there doing the windows and siding. Then onto the back porch. It is really look nice out there now. I just need my rug down and I am then moving onto11 graves that I do also. That is a backbreaking job at it's best but so pretty when I get done.

I should have made a video smokey. Darn, that would have be awesome having that. Pooh on me!!!!!!
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Working...
        X