Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chayote...and everyone else who can help me...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chayote...and everyone else who can help me...

Hi Chayote,

I have tried to PM you to give you my e-mail address so that you can send me the cute baby knitted jacket pattern. For some reason, I cannot send or receive private messages on this website and don't know why. How do I change my settings? I must be missing something as I am sometimes clueless when it comes to computers. To compound my problem, my old computer died during the week and my husband was able to get a new one up and running for me yesterday. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Ok, this could either be a joke or if we are lucky it might help you. I am on your level of not being good on a computer. Up at the top on of the screen, right hand side is your name and a down indicator. Click on it and then click on User Settings. Then click on Notifications and at the bottom of that page it will say about getting private messages ect. Click the square box and be certain you click on the save box at the bottom of the page and hopefully I have told you right. Once you do that if you want send me a private message, just a word and I will reply. I will be on here for a bit.

Good luck!!!!!!
    Last edited by livetobake; 06-11-2018, 08:25 AM.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Thank you livetobake. I just sent (I hope!) a PM to you for testing.

Comment

You are welcome. I got it and sent you back a reply. Good job, you are a fast learner. Enjoy the pattern Chayote sends you and if you can post a picture please. Have a good one.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Home buddy... I have your pattern ready for you and will email it to you in a few minutes. Just keep in mind that this pattern is Australian so some instructions may be different to an American pattern, particularly the way we size our needles. Also keep in mind that this pattern is around 50 years old and more or less assumes that you can read between the lines. If you have any problems just ask me. I've made so many of these jackets I can almost do them in my sleep.
          I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Thanks, Chayote! I received the pattern and printed it out. I hope to start on it in a month or so after I finish the baby blanket I am working on. Glancing through the pattern, I may have questions for you when I start it. Thanks again!

Comment

you're very welcome, Home buddy... only too pleased to help and to share my Mum's favourite pattern. I'll be ready, willing and able to help you with the pattern. I'd love to see the blanket you're working on when it's finished. I can copy a picture into a thread if you're not familiar with the process...
              I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Working...
              X