Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 13th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It started raining around 10 last night and has just stopped with the sun breaking through the clouds. It will be a muggy high of 84 with the low of 65.

I am heading out shortly but have put a lot of veggies, sweet potato and some chicken thighs in the crockpot with some thyme, rosemary, parsley and chives from my herb garden. I had two big tomatoes that I skinned, chopped and threw in also.

What will be your Wednesday night meal?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Grilling hot dogs tonight. I am trying to put together a menu for Sunday for 25 people (we normally have 14) and I am kind of stuck I am tired of the same old same old. I am making ox roast on the spit, frito salad, pasta salad and some deviled eggs. I only have one crock pot but I was thinking maybe glazed carrots? I make the best ever corn and ranch mushrooms all the time so I kind of want something different. I could do a pot of beans but meh, I want something new and different.

Comment

We had lunch with my sister and brother-in-law today. We visited to deliver a crocheted blanket and a white jacket (same as the pink one) for their first great-granddaugher due in three weeks. I had made some pumpkin soup and I took that with some fresh bread rolls for everyone to share. My sister's house was recarpeted yesterday so she hasn't had time to do grocery shopping and they were thankful for the homemade soup.

John went out tonight so our dinner was at two time settings. I had a grocery delivery and in it was a packet of two King Island meat pies. My goodness, they were great pies... possibly the best I've ever eaten. They are half-price at the supermarket this week so I may get some more.

Now that my computer is working again I'll go and do some more crocheting. I've almost finished a baby blanket for a boy this time. My eldest daughter is working with me to set up a way for me to take orders and sell them on her facebook account. I'm quite excited with the idea...
      I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Was planning on having chicken drumsticks and spanish rice, green beans. It poured all afternoon and hubby came home and said 'lets get you outta this house we'll go to town and shop' while there, he suggested Chinese take out...oh yes please. Chicken drumsticks for tomorrow!
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Itís a warm one today! Iíve been busy today. I left at about 11:15 am, went to the bank ATM, Party City for wedding gift bags, Office Depot, got a haircut, went to Samís Club and Vons and came home. Weíre leaving shortly to take the wedding gifts to my granddaughters house rather than try to schlep big boxes at the wedding next weekend. Whew!!

We will get something at San Pedro Brewing Company after we drop off the gifts.

Comment

Working...
          X