my turn to have computer issues...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my turn to have computer issues...

I downloaded the latest Windows upgrade and that started my issues. The download got 'stuck' for want of a better word and the only way I could get my computer to boot up was to reinstall Windows. Fortunately I was able to do that and keep all my files... pictures, documents, etc. What it didn't keep was my Office programs so I still have some work to do on it. Most importantly I was able to keep the books I've been putting together for Immy and Andrew... just lost the program to run them. At this stage I'm not sure what I have and haven't got installed.

I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Is your son computer savy ? May be he could help.

Comment

my son? ...No, not all Sabine. He knows how to use his computer but he panics if it malfunctions. My computer issues are normally solved over the phone with my son-in-law in Adelaide and once again he managed to guide me through everything. I'll need to go through the pile of program CDs and find my copy of Office so I can open all my files...

Comment

I am glad your computer problem is solved. I know how I feel when my computer malfunctions, I panic. Thankfully we have a computer person we can call on. I call him my computer guru .... and he lives just one street over in our neighborhood.

Comment

Yes you cant open the documents without office installed. My computer does not even have a cd drive, they are getting rid of a lot of that old stuff.

Comment

So how do you download a program without a CD ?

Comment

Download from the computer directly ?

Comment

We got rid of our Windows computers a few years ago and I just use my iPhone for everything now. Id be completely lost on a non Apple product now!

Comment

Just back everything up. Get an external hard drive and put everything on there so you have it all if something goes down on your main computer

Comment

Most of my files and all of the photos were backed up on an external drive and the photos are in dropbox so everything was safe. I haven't yet reinstalled Office or my email as yet but I can still use my Gmail account. My copy of Office is about 8 years old but it's fine for me. I noticed that Officeworks has direct download of Office and it sounded reasonably priced at first but then I noticed it was only for 12 months of use.

Comment

When my ds was still living at home, he had everything he had on the main hard drive on an external hard drive, including Office and all of the various other programs. It was identical to the main hard drive. we never had a crash, but he was ready if we did.

Comment

Working...
                      X