Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 9th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

A lovely day with a cool breeze with the high of 82 and the low of 62.

I pulled some roast beef and gravy from the freezer and will make beef and noodles, pickled beets, peas and brownies that I baked last night.

What will be your Monday night meal?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Well I have about 30 lbs of left over roast beef from yesterday. I will get some of it cut up and frozen tonight, but I need some good left over roast beef ideas that are low carb. Probably going to do a beef and mushroom stir fry tonight.

Comment

slices of roast beef over salad greens

Comment

Just me and my vegetarian dd will be here tonight. I have leftovers from last night for me—pork chops and potatoes. I will make a cucumber salad and decide what I feel up to eating tonight. None of it sounds appealing right now so I might just have fruit. Dd will make herself something. She was the least interested in cooking when she was young but now she enjoys it.

Comment

I hate to even imagine what 30lb of beef looks like. I think I'm turning into a pescatarian... Having said that, we had chicken hotpot tonight and it was good.

livetobake... I'm sorry, I'm all poeted out I think. I'm trying to get so much done for Andrew before the end of the week that my brain has gone on strike...

Happy@home... my eldest daughter was the same. She turned vegetarian when she was about 14 and has cooked for herself ever since. I don't know how she does it but every night she cooks a meat meal with gluten for her husband, a meat meal without gluten for her son and a vegetarian meal with gluten for herself. I've watched her and she does it so effortlessly.

It's 2.45am and I'm still working on Andrew's new clothes. I'm on a coffee break which may not be such a good idea at this time of night...
          I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Chayote,

That is ok, we will call it writer's block! It makes it sound as if you are a poet on a sabbatical. I like that image!

Thank you tho as I have been scribbling down a few things and forgot how much I enjoyed it years ago. Funny how the mind forgets things we like and remembers so much negativity at times.

Hope your projects for Andrew go well and I know they will be beautiful.
            Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
            He drew a circle that shut me out.
            But love and I had the wit to win,
            We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It’s still hot, not as high as yesterday but the humidity is through the roof! This weather makes me crabby. I made a quick grocery run for Mom, now Abby and I are sitting in the fan breeze.

We’re having the rest of the chicken and cheese tortellini Alfredo and salad for dinner.

Comment

Working...
              X