Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 13th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Warning! Today is Friday the 13th for those that think this is a bad luck day. With the coolness of the morning turning into a sunny day with the high of 86 and the low of 70 and the breeze I hope it will be a pleasant day tho warm.

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is at the Art Center in the form of a play. I have been invited out for the play and dinner beforehand so I am not sure what dinner will be but I am sure it will be wonderful. I saw this play many years ago at a high school production and it was amazing so I am sure it will be tonight. I have seen several productions at the Art Center, concerts and art displays and all have been worth attending. They even have children do plays and they are so talented and wonderful watching.

What is your dinner plans for tonight?

Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

ltb that sounds like a most wonderful evening I'm feelin alittle green lol. Its still HHH high 90 with dew points rising. uugghhhh\
    it will be clean out the fridge tonight. one serving of each, ham & fried potatos, bubble & squeak, nachos and fried chicken. don't think we will wipe it all out just finished baking a choc. cake with choc. icing (my fav) I like to add a box of instant pudding to the cake mix.

Comment

Thanks rosie. It will be as are all the plays, musicals and dinners before some of the shows. It is a real positive and there are so many children, teens, young adults and older adults involved in not only what you see on stage but for props, costumes, lightening band, and so much more. It also offers so many different classes from painting, sculpture, crocheting, knitting, a variety of music lessons, free open air concerts where you can bring a picnic basket and sit on your blanket or at picnic tables. The open air concerts are very popular and I have attended a number of them over the years. In the summer the plays are in a big tent outside with the sides rolled up if the weather is nice and sides down if not. I have supported it for many years and will continue doing so as long as I am able. DGS has been there a lot through the years with me and he loves it also.

If you were closer you, Joe and I could attend something together as I know you would enjoy it.
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

No cocktails tonight, hubs and I have a hot date tomorrow lol. Actually we are loading up the UTV and headed up to PA to go to Mines and Meadows and ride through caves and such. Its just a day trip but we need to leave by 6 am. I made a pot of cabbage soup last night so I will have that for dinner.

Comment

Happy Friday the 13th!

I’m not superstitious about the day, but if you are, I wish you well! It’s a beautiful sunny and breezy day today, so nice to get a breath of fresh air for a change. I discovered last night that I ran out of cumin after I used the last bit cooking, and Penzey’s had a nice freebie for Quebec Beef Seasoning that I use a lot, so down to Penzey’s I went, glad it’s only 6 miles from me. I got cumin, coriander and thyme too, I was really low on those.

I’m making Asian boneless beef short ribs in the pressure cooker and we’ll have brown rice and quinoa with it.

Comment

I'm not superstitious....but never thought at first that my son was having surgery on Friday 13th! thank god all went well.
            hot day here, threatened to rain but did not happen, we need rain so bad as so many others. we had a home go up in flames last night here in town, and I'm sure everyone was frightened that the fire would catch.
            I'm solo today, hubby drove 6 hours to visit a childhood buddy who is celebrating 65 today. I did book work, made potato salad, put a beef roast in the crock pot and cleaned the house.....oh? dinner for me? ha, have not even thought about it, happily munching away here on whatever I want all day.
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Turkey tacos in my air fryer

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                Turkey tacos in my air fryer
                So glad to see you back!
                I have been in another long "no cooking" rut.
                Hubby had the last of the fried chicken he brought home a few days ago.
                We got married on a Friday the 13th. Lucky day for me.

Comment

livetobake... Joseph is my favourite musical. My eldest daughter played lead clarinet in her school production and I was blown away with the talent in that school. The young man who played Joseph went on to become a member of the world reknown, The Ten Tenors. I often play my CD at night when I need music to sleep and it's about the only musical that I know every word of every song...

Dinner was a bit fragmented tonight. John didn't get home until almost 2am due to a nasty car accident on the highway. The highway was closed for hours until a child in one of the cars was airlifted to hospital. The chopper was parked on the road for hours so I suspect the little girl was trapped in her car... John would have sat there all night but some drivers seem to have a big dose of self-importance.

Earlier in the night I had some mini spring rolls and then had a meal with John when he finally arrived home. He had potato, bacon and a meat pie. I had a potato, peashoots and bacon.
                  I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Originally posted by AngID View Post

So glad to see you back!
                    I have been in another long "no cooking" rut.
                    Hubby had the last of the fried chicken he brought home a few days ago.
                    We got married on a Friday the 13th. Lucky day for me.
                    Thanks Ang!

Comment

Working...
                    X