Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 9th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

I am looking at the haze hanging and waiting for my snow cloud from Colorado full of snow that can hang over my house and cools things off. The high of 87 and the low of 67.

As I hang my head in shame I will quietly say what my solo dinner will be tonight. I saw a personal size frozen pizza, vegetable one, and will add some diced red pepper, thinly sliced cherry tomato and extra cheese. If I am not heard from tomorrow you will know why. It is something that will take 10 minutes in my toaster oven, no thinking and probably no taste but I am out of thoughts and ideas. Pathetic I know.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I have sauerkraut and kielbasa in the crock pot.

Comment

Oh, Muzette, you bring back so many memories. My dad lived in a Hungarian neighborhood. There was a sausage store with so many varieties of kielbasa. It was phenomenal. I haven't found that taste in the national brands.
      LTB, my guilty pleasure is a Totino's four cheese frozen pizza.

Comment

As this is my first frozen pizza smokey if I think I should try some other brand because this one was not horrid then I will try that. With just the cheese I could still add veggies onto it. I am kidding myself thinking it will be healthier for me that way. I am just tired of thinking from the car, dog and roof that my brain is on malfunction mode. Thanks for the tip.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Still nasty hot and very smoky air here. We’ve been keeping the inside of the house draped and closed up until about 7 pm, then we open it up. My mom had to be admitted to the hospital last night. She has a bowel blockage and they’re hoping the NG tube will help it clear. She may have to have surgery. Fortunately my sister was able to handle all this. Right now I’m doing good to hobble to the bathroom. This is so frustrating because there is so little I can do. Please send out some prayer, positive energy, healing thoughts her way.

We are having American Kobe beef burger patties, a package of Idahoan instant roasted garlic mashed potatoes (don’t judge! They’re good and easy!) and watermelon.

Comment

Supposed to get to 105 here today. UGH
            I want a nice, big, Chef, or Cobb, Salad. Don't want to brave the stores to shop for ingredients though.

Comment

Oh, no, no LTB. It is not a great pizza. DD ate it in college because it was cheap.

Comment

Good evening!

Sometimes those frozen pizzas come in very handy,dont they?Nothing shameful about that,even great chefs have taken this route when they're at a cooking standstill.The only kind of frozen pizza that I like is the California Pizza Kitchen pizza.Their crust,sauce & ingredients are really pretty good!As frozen pizzas go,they're the best in my estimation.(You can purchase them at Walmart.)& then there is the "small" Jeno & "small" Totino's pizza which is alright but again,these are frozen pizzas.

For dinner we had leftovers of what we had last night,Taco Casserole,topped w/shredded crunchy iceburg lettuce & sliced black olives.For dessert we had creamy banana-vanilla wafer pudding.

Comment

Charlene: hoping a good outcome for your Mother!
                  A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I meant to put this in my other post.Charlene, your ((Mother, you & your family)) are in my thoughts & prayers.Please keep us informed on her ok?TY

Comment

Thank you. We think she’ll come home tomorrow. Apparently she’s been having this problem for awhile but never bothered to mention it to anyone. This drives my sister and I crazy! She’s done this type of thing before and then doesn’t exactly tell the doctors the whole truth. I’ve told my kids that if I ever get that way they need to smack the snot out out me.

Comment

Charlene,my Mother was the same way!She always said,"Well I just didnt want for you girls or anyone to worry about me."Bless her heart.That just made us more concerned,ya know?I hope the dr.puts her on something for her irregularity for afterwards.Did she have to have surgery for it?

Comment

So far, no. As I understand it she’ll more than likely come home tomorrow. My dad used to get so upset with her over this very thing!! Doctors would ask her a question, she’d not tell the whole truth and we had to rat her out.

Comment

Working...
                          X