Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August 10th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The high today will be 83 and the low of 67 with rain in the forecast.

I am heading off with the dog for the Vet's and have no clue what dinner will be. I'll figure that out later.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Good luck, LTB. Hope the cleaning goes well.

Comment

Thank you smokey. I just called and they said she did fine, teeth cleaned but below gum line there were 4 that needed pulled so they pulled them. I feel so bad for her as I know how it feels having one pulled. The will send home pain pills and antibiotics for her. I have boiled some eggs for her for extra protein and poached some chicken with carrots as she loves that. They said she can eat just regular but I will pamper her for 2/3 days till the gum heals some. It was the top teeth on the right side so her whole mouth is not tore up at least. Dang, it was so hard leaving her there. I stayed till they had her out and they said it was time I should go. I was glad they let me stay and I just stood in one corner and said not a word. They were really nice and said I was so calm and it was calming for the dog my being there. I am so glad that is over. I hope she heals ok and no problems from it. I can pick her up in a about a half hour.

Comment

I'm glad that's over for you, livetobake. I'm sure she won't complain about being pampered...

It was only me for dinner tonight so I have a coffee scroll and a large cappuccino. Our gardener was supposed to come tomorrow but I think he got a better offer. He said he will be here on Wednesday. Since the rain we have lots of weeds for him to pull out.

I'll be sewing all weekend making pants for Andrew and some windcheaters for Immy. We haven't seen Immy for a couple of weeks so hopefully we'll get a visit sometime soon. She absolutely loves eating stuffed olives and I bought some fresh ones for her to devour.
        I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

LTB, Iím happy your pup is ok! I know the dread of leaving them at the vet.

Beautiful day here, high of 76 with a nice breeze. I LOVE having my windows open almost all the time. Something you cannot do in FL! Dinner will be TNT turkey tacos and hoping to make my cilantro lime rice. I made a habanero wildfire dip this morning for app.

Comment

LTB so relieved to hear pup is done and she will be pampered. she's gonna be so spoiled she is going to want that pampering to continue
            it is not so horribly hot but the humidity is terrible

put the crockpot on this morning because I was gone most of the day. new recipe called crockpot santa fe chicken. looks pretty and smells good. serving over brown rice with a dollop of sour cream on top. if it is good will post in TNT. if it sucks I will come back here and say "it sucks"

Comment

The heat just keeps on coming! Iím so beyond sick of it. I had an appointment with my primary care physician this afternoon for a surgery follow up and he was very impressed with my progress so far. Iím able to walk very well for short bursts and the pain isnít all that bad. Itís going so much better than even my positive attitude could hope for. Now Iím ready for a nap. My mom is still in the hospital, theyíre saying possibly tomorrow for discharge. Right now itís probably the best pace for her.

Iím going to assist in doing dinner tonight. Iíve been craving smoked sausage and white beans in fire roasted tomatoes and garlic and Parmesan and spinach, so that will be dinner along with some garlic toast.

Comment

One BASS! Larry picked up shrimp and salad fixings. I cleaned and prepped everything and got the salads put together. They are chillin' in the fridge for a while.
                LTB, glad you fur kid is home and being spoiled.
                It's 107į here now. It does not reach those temps in north Idaho. I am in he!!
                We are eating in front of the TV in the bedroom, the only air conditioned room.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your well wishes for my dog. She has really done well but I can see that tho she perked up late this afternoon she is in some pain so I gave her the pain medication they gave. I have five doses that she can have once every 24 hours starting tonight if need be. I did so she can sleep good and feel better tomorrow. The second and third days are always the worst for any kind of surgery or tooth removal especially in the fingers, teeth or toes as all the nerve endings are there. She always lays right beside my bed and sleeps but I did buy some chucks in case of throwing up or an accident. I have put two extra thick old towels under that and over her bed. She ate three hard boiled eggs a 1/2 at a time every two hours and wanted more but I think that is enough. Tomorrow I will do chicken in some of the broth with carrots but start her off on some scrambled eggs. The vet said eggs are really good for dogs.

Comment

Working...
                  X