go to meals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• go to meals?

there are times when I have no idea what to cook. don't feel like cooking. not much time to cook. I only have a few quickie easy go to meals for those times and was wondering if you have "quickie" meals you go to in those times?

mine are:
    hamburger gravy over toast or leftover potatos
    spag. and garlic bread
    if I have boiled eggs in fridge, creamed eggs over toast
    hamburger and red beans over fried potatos
    chef salad
    nachos

We have a few ďgo to, no brainerĒ dinners that are always good. Hamburger goulash, Spanish Rice main dish, Mac and cheese and hot dogs, Shake & Bake pork chops and Stovetop Stuffing, Chicken Continental, and cheeseburgers. I can go full up from scratch prep and cook to just lazy easy prep with no problem. If it tastes good thatís all that really matters!

Comment

Ravioli with jarred sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by smokey View Post
        Ravioli with jarred sauce.
        I forgot to add those too! Delish!!

Comment

When I don't feel like cooking, which is most of the time, we have take out or better yet, go out to dinner. Thankfully we have a lot of different restaurants close by. In a pinch I fix up a frozen pizza. I see nothing wrong with getting frozen pizzas, I know some people on this board do , but I don't.
          Last edited by Sabine; 08-11-2018, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Egg roll in a bowl is a good go to for us since we are low carb. Its quick and easy and I could really eat it every day. When we are not on the low carb kick, its instant pot spaghetti or instant pot chicken and brown rice.

Comment

Since my gallbladder was removed, I have to eat low fat and I hate to do that to dh all of the time, so we eat out a lot too. My quick go-too at home meals are jarred spaghetti sauce and hamburger meat, pan grilled chicken breasts or just plain hamburgers using 4% fat meat. I know it's dry, but still edible.

Comment

In the last week weíve found a whole new source of go to meals for nights when we lack inspiration or energy, the frozen Bertolli skillet meals. Theyíre so easy, just enough for 2 people, and they taste great! From the time it takes to cut open the bag, simmer it and serve itís about 12 minutes.

I love cooking, I really do, and we love dining out, and we do that weekly. Right now, getting me up and out is hilarious, and as soon as we can comfortably do it we will again, so quick meals that Ken can make, delivery and take out will be the new normal.

Weíve had frozen pizzas, some of them are really good. Right now, with the hot weather, we donít want anything that involves an oven. Now I will say, we are self admitted pizza snobs. Before Grimaldiís opened, we went to Round Table exclusively. Weíve tried all the others, Dominoís, Little Caesarís, Pizza Hut, Papa Johnís, they just donít cut it. We will occasionally go to California Pizza Kitchen though.

Comment

Papa John's is the worst pizza I have ever had. I like California Kitchen pizza, they also have good salads, but we don't have any location close by. I refuse to drive across town for Pizza. Quite often I get a plain cheese pizza from the deli at my grocery store and then I put pepperoni , sausage on one side, other side I put roasted veggies. Comes out pretty good. But like Charlene already mentioned, it is so hot right now , who wants to turn the oven on ??? Not me.

Comment

Sabine, Iím with you on Papa Johnís. Weíve only gotten it once and it was horrible! Itís pretty bad when you have to make dinner after you tried to eat pizza. It was that bad. Pizza Hut is almost as bad too.

Comment

i agree on the papa john's yuck. dgs almost fainted when I said that, he thinks it is AWESOME kids. we don't eat out. we find it all taste the same just way to expensive for us. that's why I started this thread maybe get some new ideas.

Allie, the 4percent burger is all I buy and when we make our own it is at least that lean. i really don't like FAT anything uuuughghghghg burgers here are always welcome. i think they are our faves
                      muzette, have you posted the egg roll in a bowl? that sounds good.
                      Charlene, have you posted the continental chicken? looks interesting

Comment

What is a 4 % burger ?

Comment

rosie, I bumped it up in Tried & True. Itís a deceptive recipe, you wouldnít think it would be as good as it is, but we were stunned the first time we made it! I started making it in the early 80ís and itís still a favorite now.

Comment

thanks Charlene
                            4 percent burger is 4 percent fat to 96 percent lean my percent sign is not working. all burger is labled as to fat vs. lean like 80/20= 20 percent fat

Comment

my fast meals are: speedies. ground beef with onions & garlic, fresh or dried, chili powder, BBQ sauce, a can of brown beans, simmer and pour over thick sliced bread or buns, top with shredded lettuce and grated old cheddar cheese.
                              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Working...
                              X