Charlene, how are you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlene, how are you

and your .mom? DH has trouble getting up off of the floor but he can walk without pain. It will get better.

Im doing really well smokey, thanks! Im able to get around pretty well, it really kind of blows my mind that Id be able to walk fairly easily so soon. Dont get me wrong, it hurts, but not like I thought it might. The way our house is set up makes this whole thing easier too; stair lift, handicap toilets, walk in shower, grab rails etc. Ill find out Wednesday when physical therapy will start. My primary care physician was very impressed with my progress. Right now my biggest complaints are the heat and having to plan bathroom trips 10 minutes before I need them. Seems my body has its own proximity alarm.

Mom has me worried for sure. She says shes better, but she always says that. Shes not better. My sister said she told her that shes just done with this. Shes uncomfortable all the time, shes tired and she misses Dad a lot. She doesnt miss the last couple of years when Dad just wasnt Dad, but she misses the other 70. Ive heard her say shed like to just quit taking all her meds, and see what happens. I havent had much chance to talk to her or my sister since she got back, she went to bed as soon as she got home. Ken and I both think shes not going to be around much longer. Shes 92 years old now and her body is just wearing out.

Comment

Charlene, when life gets crazy, I always think "baby steps.". It is from one of my favorite movies, What About Bob. I had an Uncle Bob who was not quite right so I could relate.
      Baby steps!

Comment

Working...
      X