Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 10th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is still raining with a high of 70 and the low of 60.

DGS asked me if we could have goulash tonight and I told him I could do that along with a salad and garlic bread.

What will be your Monday night dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Sounds like your hot weather is calming down, girlfriend. I figured it must be because it's starting to get warmer here. We could do with some rain.

We enjoyed out dinner tonight. For the first time in almost a month I'm back to enjoying my food. John had a hamburger... of course. He said that he as missed them. He bought a hamburger from a food caravan last week and it made him realise how good the ones I make for him are. I had a grilled ham, tomato, onion, pea sprout and cheese sandwich and am now having a cup of coffee and two biscuits... macadamia nut and white chocolate. They are really good and I'll have to remember to buy some next week.

Our visit to Andrew is not going to happen... I'm still not well enough for a long trip. We probably won't see them until next month.
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Morning, a high of 82, bright blue clear sky.

Happy to have leftovers!

Comment

Brrr, it got chilly. I love this cool rainy fall weather. I am making chili tonight.

Comment

I am with you muz as I had enough of that horrid HHH weather. I still do not have the heat on as I can just dress warmer and it is great for cooking and baking.

Comment

It's ch-ch-chilly here! If it wasn't raining ALL THE TIME, it'd be awesome! I think I'm starting to mold! I can't wait to open the windows at night, but can't yet as the rain will come in!

We're doing chili tonight too... although I'm going to pick up some fresh fish to have tomorrow. That's one of the HUGE perks to moving back to the northeast. Not all fish/seafood is frozen and farmed in Indonesia and only available in Walmart!

Stay dry, folks!
            "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

icky dark cold brrr. no likey.
              found a recipe online for roasted cauliflower chowder, will make for dinner along with old cheddar cheese/onion grilled sandwiches on rye
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I saw that recipie on your FB Mudder. Let me know how it turns out. I was going tonight to pick up the stuff to make it.

Comment

Karen,

I left you a message under the recipe asking if you would let me know how it turns out. I am also interested as it sure looks good. You can be the taste tester for muz and I. Thank you.

Comment

Okay.....was not impressed with soup. I did like the fact that the cauliflower and garlic are roasted. I'm just going to go back to my old standy by soup recipe, but roast cauli first instead of just simmering in broth.
                    oh, I did add a couple of potatoes to make it heartier...I do this in my other recipe as well.
                    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Well that makes me sad, I even ran out at lunch and bought a cauliflower lol.

Comment

Woo Hoo! Red letter day for me today! I can drive again, no problems at all. It felt good to get out there and regain my independence. It was warm today but still pretty comfortable with a nice breeze.

Tonight is going to be a leftovers night. We’re finishing the Brandy Chicken, we’ll have white and brown rice with quinoa and we’ll have some zucchini with it.

Comment

Had a late lunch so won't make dinner. Egg salad (open face sandwiches) and macaroni salad (spiral pasta, avocado, onion, boiled egg, cubed mozz cheese, black olives, halved cherry tomatoes with a dressing of half Italian dressing and half mayo.)

I'm having ice cream later, does that count as dinner?

Comment

Working...
                          X