This Will Be A Long One

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Will Be A Long One

When I got a different car I said I would just transfer my plates and the dealership said they would mail be the title in 30 days. I called at 25 days and asked where it is and was told I would get it. I called back on the 28th day said I needed it so I could transfer my plates while I was still legal and got told by the dealership I had 45 days. No, that is for tags not a transfer. How many cars have you sold? I was asked. Has it been 30 days yet? I was then asked. Wrong questions. I called an attorney, friend of mine, he said I was right and unless I wanted my car towed and get a ticket I should call the courthouse and they would help me. I did that and they said it was 30 days and that on the 30 day after the mail went past my house I should come up and they would file a report with the State, have the State get the title for me and a complaint would be filed against them along with them getting me a 45 day tag and billing the dealership. I called the dealership and said this is what is happening, blah, blah and can you believe it within an hour they were knocking on my door and hand delivered it. Seriously?!!!!

Phase 2 then happens. Go straight up and thanked them and asked that my plates be transferred. They tell me I cannot do it as I have expired plates, no, I have the sticker that says 2-19 for expiring. They went out and looked and when I mailed the form into the State for my sticker, first time, they sent me ones for the car my DGS totaled almost two years ago so I have been driving on expired plates and a illegal sticker for a year? I would have arrested, car impounded and huge fine. The clerk spent 11/2 hours but finally got it legal and for only $17.75. Thank you!! Put new plates on and all set.

Phase 3 then happens. Called insurance agency gave them all information for change in my policy and they sent me a new policy that still had the vehicle on that I did not own now, and DGS's car was removed. Ok, on the phone in a heartbeat and told them they had made a mistake. Get the new policy and now the old car is gone but where is DGS's car? Still not on there. I kept calling the same girl would not let me talk with anyone else, said he was listed as Driver #2. NO, he has his own car and does not drive mine!! Called again this morning as now he has a letter from the State wanting proof of insurance. Seriously?!!! I got the same runaround. Now I could have drove up there but was so angry because when you start messing with DGS you deal with me. I called the Insurance company, told them what was going on and they checked and said that he has been driving without insurance for over 3 weeks!!! The girl requested his be taken off in the first place instead of my old one and when contacted the Insurance company again just had my old one taken off. and did not put his back on.. The insurance company reinstated DGS's insurance, will issue a new policy showing that is has been in effect since he paid for the year last March.

Trust me, I am taking all the policy changes, the name of the woman at the Insurance company that helped me, the name of the woman that did it in the first place and heading up there tomorrow or Wednesday. I will talk with the owner not so that girl gets into trouble, which she should, but so no one else gets in that kind of a mess. I am also looking for a new agency because if I have an accident is this how they will handle it or will my insurance have been cancelled and I would not know it? I am also reporting them as they cannot by law cancel your insurance and not let you know that.

Ok, I am taking a walk with the dog and being so grateful that DGS and myself have been so lucky in not getting stopped, arrested, cars impounded or major fines. Sometimes the stars are lined up and we do not even know it. Seriously counting Blessings at the moment.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

You know I am an Insurance agent lol. I can run you up a quote anytime. You need to keep the house and auto together though, you get the best discount that way.

Comment

Are you serious? I am sending you a pm.

Comment

I feel for you!

We went through hair pulling problems with our insurance company the past few years too. One when ds was rear ended and truck totaled, He got another truck, In the long run 3 months later he gets a letter from the state saying it's not registered for not having insurance and fined him. Uh yes it was. I did it myself the day after he bought the new one in person because he had to work. Ended up the insurance never filed the paperwork because they were in the midst of moving etc. It was a nightmare fixing the whole thing. He got fined anyways from the state. I told the insurance company they should pay the fine because it was their fault. They said the higher ups didn't go for that idea but she felt bad and gave him a gift card for all the trouble. I looked up the gift card. It was for a whole $5.00

Found a new agent (but same company) after that...

Flash forward a few years. New agency talked us into changing our home owners insurance we have had for 25 years over to them saying it would be cheaper for more coverage bundled with our car insurance. Not going into that whole long story, but wish I I listened to my gut (because I hate change) and stayed with the old company. . The mistakes they kept making and hassle getting it done was worse than the trouble above.

Comment

I recently changed a womans home insurance to another company because it was $900 cheaper than what she had. The new company went out to inspect the home and it was so run down I dont have any company that would cover it. She was so angry but at the end of the day if you have trees growing on your roof, its time to do some maintenance. Its not always a pleasant task to change things around but if you had the policy for 25 years you could be missing out on a lot of things that were never covered back then.

Comment

What an ordeal!

Comment

Oh, good grief! What a mess! Hope it's all straightened out now.

Comment

I'm so glad this is on the way to being fixed. It's crazy the number of errors that occurred by people who should know better.
                I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Been there and done it this last week! AARRGGHHH!!

Went to get new insurance in PA and to the DMV for a PA license. The receptionist at the insurance place told me, thankfully, that my roommate would have to come with me to show she owns the house I'm renting a bedroom in, because I don't have a lease to confirm my address. I told my friend that this was the kind of thing where my daughter would say, "You have to wear your patience pants." After waiting an hour, the DMV lady took one look at my 65 year old birth certificate and refused to accept it because the paper had a TEEEEENY hold in it at the top of the letter "O" in my last name. I looked at it ... and at her ... and said, "Serously? You can see it's an "O," not a "U," or anything else, and I have 20 pieces of paper showing my name." It was like she was getting in some denial quota and was really mean! I turned to my friend and said, "I'm CRAPPING my patience pants!" At least we got the form my friend had to fill out so she wouldn't have to come with me again.

I had to go to Trenton, to two different buildings to get my birth certificate (and 4 copies!), then back to the DMV where I finally got my license. All in all, it wasn't that bad, but I was so frustrated! Thankfully, I can register my car at the insurance agency as soon as the insurance kicks in next week. Then all I have to do is get a new passport. Mine expired about 5 years ago and is also in my first married name! I have an official form that shows I changed my name back to my maiden name the DAY my divorce final in 2004. So, it shouldn't be a problem ... with my new file with every form of ID one should need in a lifetime! Ha ha.
                  "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

LTB, I meant to post on this the other day. It seems everyone I talk to has issues with license plates or getting a drivers license after moving. Scott spent an entire day, from 7 to 5 getting our new plates here. The information they want is unreal. I went to get my drivers license changed yesterday but couldnít because my birth certificate is city stamped, not state stamped. Mind you this is the SAME birth certificate I have used all my life. The same one that GOT me my drivers license to begin with in this STATE. No itís not good enough. Now, Iíll be on the phone getting a state stamped birth certificate today... Our painter has lived here about a year now, still canít get his changed over.

Comment

I hear all of you. Was at the agency yesterday and was told so many things that made my blood boil. One being that maybe I use the wrong words when I called them so it was not clear what I was saying and wanted. Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the paperweight stayed on his desk and did not go airborne is beyond me.

I called the owner this morning and he asked what I wanted, they had fixed it. what did I want just him doing and he would do it, what did I want, you tell me. That was the end of the conversation. I have been on the phone as I will not tolerate that behavior or being disrespected in that manner.

Come out of agency and bumper that should have been fixed had popped back out, head for service center at dealership and they pull up the car, show me the screen and no work order!!! It was never fixed, just jammed back in by somebody. Friday they will diagnosis the problem at no expense but that is where the no expense stops!!!!

Here I go again! I have such a headache, am not sleeping and just plain feel like throwing, screaming or have a temper tantrum. That does not help so I guess I will try behaving like an adult and just deal with tomorrow tomorrow.

People are honest, do things the right way and then you run in nitwits and it all goes down the toilet faster then you can flush it.

Ok, I am done for the moment.

Bean, I hope you get what you need and it gets done without the issues that seem rampant.

Comment

There are 3 agents in your area that carry that brand. Just call one and tell them you want to transfer agents, you sign a paper and it transfers on the renewal. In the meantime this goes for everyone, when you make a change to your policy, by law they have to send a new declarations page showing the coverage. Make sure to read it over. At the end of the day we are human and make mistakes, but we have insurance to cover our mistakes. I try to just have all of my customers email me change requests, that way its all in writing.

Comment

And attitude also matters, just saying....

Comment

That will be in March and I worry if I need them how will they handle it. I did read the page, called them instantly. Good idea about the email. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by livetobake View Post
                              I hear all of you. Was at the agency yesterday and was told so many things that made my blood boil. One being that maybe I use the wrong words when I called them so it was not clear what I was saying and wanted. Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the paperweight stayed on his desk and did not go airborne is beyond me.

I called the owner this morning and he asked what I wanted, they had fixed it. what did I want just him doing and he would do it, what did I want, you tell me. That was the end of the conversation. I have been on the phone as I will not tolerate that behavior or being disrespected in that manner.

Come out of agency and bumper that should have been fixed had popped back out, head for service center at dealership and they pull up the car, show me the screen and no work order!!! It was never fixed, just jammed back in by somebody. Friday they will diagnosis the problem at no expense but that is where the no expense stops!!!!

Here I go again! I have such a headache, am not sleeping and just plain feel like throwing, screaming or have a temper tantrum. That does not help so I guess I will try behaving like an adult and just deal with tomorrow tomorrow.

People are honest, do things the right way and then you run in nitwits and it all goes down the toilet faster then you can flush it.

Ok, I am done for the moment.

Bean, I hope you get what you need and it gets done without the issues that seem rampant.
                              When you picked up your car , you should have checked your bill, to make sure that everything was fixed and you would have notice that your bumper was not fixed, had not been on the work order etc.
                              Lesson learned I guess, oh well ,not much you can do about it now.
                              You have been on the phone with who ?? just wondering ? Did you accomplish anything ?

Comment

Working...
                              X