Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 11th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

First let me remind everyone that today is the day that so many lost their life both in the air, ground and first responders. Families and friends had their world turned upside down in grief and pain.

It is warming up a little with the high of 72 and the low of 61 along with more rain.

I had beans soaking overnight for ham and bean soup along with crusty rolls and baked apples.

What is your delicious meal tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Originally posted by livetobake View Post
    First let me remind everyone that today is the day that so many lost their life both in the air, ground and first responders. Families and friends had their world turned upside down in grief and pain.
    Amen. A horrible event that changed the whole world.

Dinner tonight was crumbed veal, oven fried hash browns and vegetables. I took the same meal in to my neighbour. She's such a nice lady. Funny thing though... she lives with her ex-husband. They were divorced over 30 years ago. They are the best of friends and will be lost without each other.
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

I canít believe itís been 17 years! What a horrible day and after for all those effected.

High of 81 today, another windows open day, that never gets old! Last night we had leftover grilled hotdogs and sides. Tonight Iíll do something with the leftover grilled chicken, not sure what yet. Iím craving a tossed salad.

Comment

I think we all know where we were at when we heard the horrible news about the towers, the Pentagon and PA. My best friend worked at the Pentagon at the time but managed to get out. It is an awful memory for the U.S. for sure.

I have left over Chinese food that I bought yesterday. Even though I picked up the lunch size there is still too much food to eat at one sitting. I have several errands to run today before the hurricane winds hit so it will be nice to just microwave some leftovers. Works for me.

Comment

I lived about an hour from NYC. My coworker, who was always late, walked in and told us a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. We looked at her and laughed ... "No F-ing way." We turned on the TV and spent the rest of the day standing in front of it in tears. Our office was just in front of the train station that took thousands into NYC every day. It was eerie for days... no trains coming or going and many tales from offices in our building of people who were missing or found. We knew several who never came home.

Tonight's dinner is panko (gluten free!) and Parmesan crusted flounder with either zoodles or some other veggie, maybe roasted broccoli. Only 5 WW points! Woo hoo!

Have a good day all, and remember those who lost their lives today.
          "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Itís impossible to write todayís date without thinking back to the horror of 17 years ago. Iíve been busy today, stopped at Ralphís market and got Progresso soup on sale for 99 cents each, got 16 cans to stock the pantry. I like it for light lunches and late breakfasts for myself. I went to physical therapy, rode the bike for 6 minutes, got on the squat machine for a few minutes and did lots of step and climbing exercises. My knee is feeling better every day! I should be able to start back at Curves soon, with doctorís permission of course.

Iím making hamburger stroganoff and bow tie pasta and green salad for dinner.

Comment

Working...
            X