Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 13th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is cloudy at the moment but should clear out later. The high near 80 and the low of 67. I am so hoping no humidity.

We will be having sub sandwiches, salad and fruit salad.

What will you be having this evening for you dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

g'day, livetobake... I'm glad your area is cooling down a bit. We had a warm day that allowed me to leave the front door open all day to air the house out. I'm also getting into Spring cleaning at the right time of year for a change. The dust I'm finding is doing doing my asthma any good but a clean and tidy house will make me happy.

Yesterday we picked up a chest of drawers that I bought on eBay. What did you call it, livetobake? ...a dresser? Today I emptied out my bedroom except for the bed, vacuumed the walls and carpet and now I'm putting the new 'dresser' in and I'm about to fill it up. If I finish early enough tonight John will help me to make up my bed with clean linen, otherwise I'll sleep on the couch or in with him.

We had very different dinners tonight. John had two BBQ'd lamb chops, a baked potato, peas and some onion rings. I had a bread roll with ham, relish and pea shoots. My neighbour's ex-husband/carer came home from hospital last night and they assured me they will manage. I'll check on them again tomorrow when I take a cake in for their afternoon tea.

I'm thinking of everyone in the path of the hurricane.
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

A very nice day today! May be a 'take my book to the beach day'
      thinking of BBQ-ing some homemade burgs and a salad. DD wants to impress us with her kale salad that apparently everyone will love and eat, even those who do not like kale....that's me...we shall see!
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Good Morning, a high of 86 today, a window day open and thank goodness for the breeze. Were ruuning errands late afternoon, so Im thinking just a sandwich for dinner. Im still full from lunch yesterday, talk about food coma. LOL

Comment

I am going to Perogi Palace and picking up dinner tonight. I am so looking forward to it!

Comment

Beef Nacho Casserole and guacamole with tortilla chips.

Comment

Yup, I called it a dresser. Some say chest of drawers but I have always said dresser. It is just a personal choice. Anyhow, it sounds like you will have a lovely clean room that will comfortable for sleeping. Please pace yourself my friend.
              Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
              He drew a circle that shut me out.
              But love and I had the wit to win,
              We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Nice day today, warm and breezy. I was supposed to go to PT today but just before I was leaving they called to reschedule until tomorrow. So, I went and got my x-ray done to take to surgeon on Monday, went to the bank, Penzeys (2 free 1/4 cups of Fox Point with $5 purchase!) and Vons. I had planned on stopping at Aloha Teriyaki to get some Hawaiian macaroni potato salad and they had closed permanently on August 25! Oh noooo! Ive only been buying that stuff from them for 30+ years! I guess Ill have to learn to make it myself. Bummer.

Were having chicken salad sandwiches and either green salad or fruit with them.

Comment

nice sunny day here. high 80 but the humidity started climbing this aft. we got thru it. suppose to be 80ish tomorrow but more humidity so the A/C is coming back on in the morn. booooooo

sister came to visit this aft. and stayed for supper. YAY we had salmon patties, creamed potatos, steamed broccoli, sliced tomatos and cottage cheese. no dessert

I call the long lower one a dresser and the tall one a chest.

Comment

we had a wonderful day at the lake today! spending precious time with daughter, and my friend or kinda like my adopted daughter...she is same age as our oldest son, 37. she has 2 kids 1 and 3, they are the highlight of my day! they spend lots of time down here at beach with us. Sammy aged 3 just caught her first frog...so priceless to see her reaction, so afraid and screaming, and then, so curious, and took froggy in her own hand to show Mommy. Sammy had to show little sister her froggy, and Rowan just giggled when she saw it hopping. We have a golf cart that we use to transport us from house to beach...girls were so excited to go back and forth on it. I miss the days of our little ones doing this...but so thankful we have this with these gals
                    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Working...
                    X