Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 15th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The humidity is still here, high of 83 and the low of 70.

I have some sloppy Joe mixture left so I am taking a can of bam biscuits, flattening them out, putting the filling on and folding over in half with lots of cheese put on first. Seal with a fork and put on a baking sheet, bake and you have the cutest sealed sloppy Joe's that look like Stromboli. I call canned biscuits bam biscuits because when my children were younger whenever I cracked the roll of them on the counter they would yell "bam, bam, bam" as they has seen Flintstone cartoons and loved Bam Bam. Thus the name has stuck and my Grandchildren now use the term. We will also have some apple crisp.

What will be your Saturday night special for tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

livetobake... are "bam" biscuits those cans that you hit against the edge of the bench to open them? If so, I wish we could buy them. Now that I read the rest of your post I can see that they are. When I was visiting my friend in Texas she bought a can of those and they had little bits of butter all through them. They were the best thing.

I slept for most of the day but once I was awake I kept working on the storage of my wool. It's almost finished. While I was doing it I pulled out numerous balls of what I call 'gimmick yarn' that I will never use so I'll makes them up into packages to send to the op shop. For a while the wool in the stores was mainly directed at making scarves because they were the thing to knit for learners. It's taken a few years for the stores to get decent woolen yarns for making clothes.

We had hot pork bread rolls tonight... John bought the pork roast when he went out to buy a couple of BBQ chickens for Lucy.
    Last edited by Chayote; 09-15-2018, 08:51 AM.
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

aww how cute, bam biscuits your sloppy joe idea sounds great livetobake!
      we our BBQ-ing hot dogs and honey garlic sausages, side of garden salad
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

They are good Chayote when I want some in a hurry. Homemade are the best but DGS does not care one way or the other. He loves them for sausage gravy and biscuits and says that is his favorite breakfast.

Mudder,

You can put anything in those biscuits once you flatten them. I have put sauce, pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, whatever you like, cheese and fold over, seal and bake. I have even put fruit or pie filling in, jam also and fold over, seal with a fork, brush with milk and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. BBQ meat, hot dogs with whatever you like and some cheese. Kids love helping make these. Adults love them also.

Ok, now I am thinking food and getting hungry. It is so hot and humid out. Ick!!!
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Its a warm one today. Not a lot going on around here at all, just the usual house drudge stuff. The excitement never ends!https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/emojione/assets/svg/1f61c.svg

Were going to El Pollo Inka for Peruvian food tonight.

Comment

still HHH and looks to stay that way for at least a week.

I made pioneer womans baked ziti only with penne cause that's what I had. hope the pasta police don't come banging on my door garlic bread & salad choc. chip M&M cookies.

Comment

Went to Schmidts sausage haus in Columbus. It was supposed to e a super awesome German buffet. Worst shit ever, huge wast of money.

Comment

Working...
              X