What Do You Know!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do You Know!

I went over and talked with the service manager at the dealership and they pulled the bumper off, said it had never been fixed that the salesman just shoved it back in and because some clips were broken it just popped back out. They set me up for today, were giving me a loaner which I refused as I could wait a couple of hours as I always have my crocheting in my car, had ordered the part, tore it apart, fixed it, car washed it, filled the gas tank and told me it was ready. No charge!!!. They are separate from the dealership and they documented on my copy what had been said and was not done and what they did.

Surprised? You bet but I went in calm, remained respectful, never said one negative word about the salesman lying about getting it fixed, and thanked him for his integrity and work ethic. He stopped me on my way out and took back and told the girl she should order the part, get me a rental at no charge.

I am grateful that he did what he did but I will not deal with a dealership again. That was my second time and will be my last. I will not buy a car from one again.

Nice ending I thought given the other options of doing nothing or fixing and charging me.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Perfect ending!

Comment

That is awesome!

Comment

Good news LTB!

Comment

Awesome news!!
          "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

That's great!

Comment

Awesome news!! So glad this has worked out to a good ending..

Comment

I've never had a bad experience at a dealership. So sorry this has happened to you twice. The only time we have purchased a used car (back in the 80s) we found out much it had been in a wreck and the owner hide it from us. You can't hide that type of information anymore because all information goes to a central computer and records mileage, claims against the car etc. Everything is now out there. You may not want to do business with that dealership again but I wouldn't avoid all dealerships. You just have to do your homework and you can find out the history of a car.

Comment

I would never buy a car second hand from a private person. You have no clue if they tell you the truth. At least with a dealership you have recourse if something goes wrong.
                  I just bought a new car last year and the people at the dealership have bent over backwards to help me.

Comment

DD's one year old car had been in two accidents and had been hit parked on the street. She always took it to the dealer who sold the car. Well, it was hit pretty hard while parked and decided to trade it in - same dealership. They didn't want to give her much money bevabec it had been in an accident.
                    When they reported to Carfax, they included all the service records but nothing about any accidents.

Comment

That is so true smokey. My mechanic told me the same thing. A lot of places do not report things that they should and the person buying it would have no idea on what was and was not reported. I do better by buying from a private person as I have a group of friends that take excellent care of their cars and we buy from each other. My car was spoken for about a year ago if I decided I would sell it in the future so they bought mine but no one was selling theirs when I needed one. They usually drive their cars 3-4 years and get a new one. Once in a while it might be 4-6 years old but always in pristine condition. We have been doing it for years and it works out well. The one I had before this one, a Toyota, was spoken for by the Minister's son for school so it worked out good. It was a old car when I got rid of it but he drove it for another 4-5 years before the body gave out. I am sure there is some dealerships that are honest, just prefer staying in the circle I am in as we are all honest and know how the cars are cared for. Much better price then a dealership by far.
                      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                      He drew a circle that shut me out.
                      But love and I had the wit to win,
                      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

And of course your friends would never lie to you. Or they maybe not even aware of the fact that something is wrong with the car. If you are smart I would say have a mechanic check the car over before paying for it, but I am sure you know all that already.

Comment

Originally posted by livetobake View Post
                          That is so true smokey. My mechanic told me the same thing. A lot of places do not report things that they should and the person buying it would have no idea on what was and was not reported. I do better by buying from a private person as I have a group of friends that take excellent care of their cars and we buy from each other. My car was spoken for about a year ago if I decided I would sell it in the future so they bought mine but no one was selling theirs when I needed one. They usually drive their cars 3-4 years and get a new one. Once in a while it might be 4-6 years old but always in pristine condition. We have been doing it for years and it works out well. The one I had before this one, a Toyota, was spoken for by the Minister's son for school so it worked out good. It was a old car when I got rid of it but he drove it for another 4-5 years before the body gave out. I am sure there is some dealerships that are honest, just prefer staying in the circle I am in as we are all honest and know how the cars are cared for. Much better price then a dealership by far.
                          3 or 4 years? They aren't even broken in yet at that age. I have family that does that. They are in perpetual car payment, high insurance and high license cost land. I just never understood that. My PU is 20 years old and still runs like it is brand new. When the motor dies (it has 228,000 miles on it), I'll drop a new one in, when the transmission dies, I'll drop a new one in. I refuse to pay $30,000 - $40,000, or more, on a new vehicle cause the ones they make now days are junk.

Comment

For some people it is very important to drive a new car every 3/ 4 years. It's a prestige thing or whatever. But if you can afford it , go for it. I had my Avalon for 10 years and didn't have very many miles on it. But I wanted a car that has the new features like the back up camera, the warning signals, all the things my 10 year old car did not have. I love the blue tooth system, so I can talk ( hands free ) while I am driving. I love the back up camera , it's the best thing to have when you move your car in the grocery store parking lot.

Comment

The only bad experience I ever had with a dealer was when I had a Mazda Mx6 in the late 80’s. Worst piece of crap car ever! I bought it in Palmdale but took it to a dealership in Torrance for service. I truly believe they never did any of the work I paid for. I took it in repeatedly for loud wheel bearing nose and they could “never duplicate the problem”. The noise got so bad I couldn’t hear the radio and all of a sudden it has to be fixed NOW. I had a full service warranty on it and they said I hate to pay cash out front and get reimbursed and it would be over $800 (in 1991). I refused and told them to put the damn wheels back on, I was taking it back to the dealer in Palmdale to get it fixed. They said it was too dangerous to drive. I told them I’d reported this problem over 6000 miles ago and 100 more wouldn’t hurt it. I had steam and lightning bolts shooting out of me, I was that pissed off! The dealer in Palmdale fixed it, covered by warranty, no problem. It would have been under $200 if I’d had to pay for it. It was obvious the Torrance dealer was cheating customers at that point. I wrote a scathing letter to Mazda US headquarters, tearing Torrance apart and praising Palmdale and a dealer in Missoula MT that did warranty repairs on the radiator while we were on vacation. They were fantastic! The Torrance dealership went out of business shortly afterward. Couldn’t happen to a better place! I got rid of that Mazda a short time later. Good riddance!

I have to say, the Subaru dealership we go to for both our cars now is fantastic! I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Comment

Working...
                              X