livetobake... and anyone else who wants to see

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• livetobake... and anyone else who wants to see

No... it's not any kind of sex toy. It's just a pattern for a baby cardigan that I'm about to start for a little girl named Cora. Trying to decide whether to make it in white or pink... probably do both

https://i.imgur.com/JVLnQCw.jpg
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Chayote - I was happy to see the name Cora since you last posted that she was very sick. I might have missed the update. How is she doing?

The sweater is beautiful - why not do both, then you won't have to chose!!

Comment

How beautiful. You have so much talent Chayote. I am sure her parents will treasure it whatever color you make and all items you have made for her. How is she doing? I think of her often.
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It's not the news you want to hear about Cora... nothing has changed. She is still having multiple seizures every day. Today she turned 4 months old. Her parents and brothers are enjoying every day.

I can't wait to start the little cardi but I'm determined to finish the blanket I started last week. I hope I can still knit lacy patterns. I haven't done any for a lot of years

Comment

You are right, I do not like hearing that. I was hoping they had decreased. I feel so bad for Cora, siblings and parents. I know it is heartbreaking. You are doing something so sweet for Cora, Bless you.

Comment

Chayote,
            Beautiful cardigan! You are brave to tackle that project. I am still knitting the sweater that you gave me the pattern for and am about 3/4 of the way done with it. It's been a fun pattern and I wish I had more free time to sit and knit while I catch up on my true crime shows.

Comment

such a beautiful pattern!
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by Home buddy View Post
                I am still knitting the sweater that you gave me the pattern for and am about 3/4 of the way done with it. It's been a fun pattern and I wish I had more free time to sit and knit while I catch up on my true crime shows.
                Home buddy... I love that pattern you are using. The jacket just seems to come together at the end with only two seams. My Mum made them for all our babies... mine and my sisters'.

You and I both share an excitement for true crime shows... I love them, including the autopsy and forensic shows. Nothing quite like an autopsy before a good nights sleep... *LOL*

Comment

*LOVE*

I love this pattern!

Comment

Whatever the final diagnosis for Cora, she knows that she is loved.

I should finish the pink blanket tonight and I'll finally be up to making the cardi for her. Probably will make two.

Comment

argh! I won't be finishing the pink blanket tonight. I had to rip 11 rows of crocheting because I was one stitch out. I'm the only one who would have noticed but when I'm selling blankets, the buy has a right to no mistakes...

Comment

I just ripped out four rows of a big blanket as I messed up a stich and it was making the rows one stich short. Did not catch it quick enough so ripped out. I feel your pain Chayote and totally agree that they should be done without mistakes. I try checking every foot or so and that way if I have goofed I can catch it pretty quick but when I get in my "zone" and my fingers are flying I just don't and then pay for it.

I admire your work ethic and honesty Chayote. So many people would just let it slide by and not care.

I know it will be beautiful when you are done.

Comment

Originally posted by livetobake View Post
                          I just ripped out four rows of a big blanket as I messed up a stitch and it was making the rows one stitch short. Did not catch it quick enough so ripped out.
                          It seems sometimes that you and I are living parallel lives in so many ways

Comment

I agree. I am in good company!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X