Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 11th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is still warm and humid outside and I really thought it would be cooler. Maybe as the day goes one. The high will be around 71 and the low of 56. I am so hoping.

I am having French toast with fried apples, a ham slice and orange juice tonight.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I put a London Broil in marinade this morning, but I forgot I am going to the auction after work tonight. Not sure what will be for dinner, but they have an old fashioned cast iron lamb cake pan at the auction tonight, and that is the most important thing. I have been wanting to make this goofy cake so badly but the cake pans cost an arm and leg.

Comment

Good Luck Muz, I hope you get it.

Comment

In the 30s here right now. Supposed to get up to the mid-fifties today. I'm making a big shrimp salad for dinner tonight. Everybody have a great day!

Comment

We had a nice warm day today... not sure of the temperature but I'm guessing about 25.

I've been cooking up a storm for much of the day to have a supply of meals in the freezer. I was inspired by livetobake because she always seems to have a yummy meal to pull it of deep freeze. I've just started another dish and then I'll get some sleep. Tomorrow will be baking day. Cakes for my next door neighbour and some rhubarb shortcake made in muffin tins to make individual desserts
          I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Ah, thank you Chayote. You do know you inspire me also don't you? Rhubarb shortcake sounds so good. I have never had that but love rhubarb as a sauce, we froze and used it on toast and biscuits instead of jam at times. and of course pie. So good. See, you will have some yummy foods in your freezer that will make me drool. When it gets hotter there you can just pull, thaw and move forward however you want and the best parts is that no preparing, heating kitchen, or a mess that needs cleared up.

Get some sleep my friend.

It is finally almost chilly out. So happy!!

Comment

Chilly here and boy is it really going to be coooold on Sunday! We're having the dinner I had planned last night. My Mom & Charlie are coming over later because their rugs are being delivered and rolled out. I invited them to dinner and she requested pizza. I didn't have the heart to tell her I was making it last night. LOL I ended up making air fryer burritos and my jalapeno lime rice. So tonight, salad, pizza and chocolate cake (one of those Duncan Hines 4 serving ones).
              Last edited by Bean; 10-11-2018, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Happy Thursday..
                wow what a change from yesterday.. woke up to 43 degrees.. but its welcomed.. high of 55 to day.. but its never reached past 49.. I wish I knew what tonight's dinner is... clueless still.. best get thinking about it though. LOL Oh yeah.. we are under frost warning tonight..

Comment

ditto to MWG's weather. love it

scalloped potatos with smoked sausage in em.

Comment

Its been another one of those wait 5 minutes for the weather to change days. I would have sworn it would rain this morning but then it cleared and warmed and then clouded up again. I went to Curves this morning and this afternoon Ive been so sleepy and kind of headachy. I think tonight is going to be an early to bed night.

I was checking the freezer and saw we still had one Bertolli frozen entree in there, so were having chicken and broccoli Alfredo and some watermelon. I might cut up a leftover salmon fillet to go in it too.

Comment

chicken fried steak, noodles and broccoli w/ cheese sauce. nice and chilly here!! tomorrow I am going to make my mom's banana cake with peanut butter frosting.

Comment

chillier day today, started out nice, we were in shorts and hoodies, temps cooled down a lot by end of day. This is the last of the nice weather, chance of flurries in our area over weekend, yikes!
                        warmed up some leftover ham from Thanksgiving dinner, fried some potatoes/onions, and baked beans, nice comfort food.
                        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Working...
                        X