Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 12th Dinner Post

Good Afternoon!

It is cloudy, almost cold out and I doubt if it will get out of the 40's and the low in the upper 30's.

I have had someone here working on the dang roof again, as it is still leaking on the porch from under the siding. Frustrated and irritated does not begin covering how I am feel. I am doing my "balancing act" in my mind and thinking of the people in Florida that have died, towns that are gone, nothing left except rubble, floods and devastation for thousands that wish they still had a home that they the could fix this issue with gladness and willingly. It helps realize that even this I should be grateful for in the balance of what could be. It is working so I guess I will just suck up and hope this time it is fixed.

DGS will not be here tonight so I am thinking toast with peanut butter, putting an apple in the microwave that is stuffed in the center with nuts and raisins, dash of cinnamon and a small amount of oatmeal along with a touch of butter.

What is your Friday night dinner?

Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

If hubby gets home early enough to get it in the oven, roast beef, it's all prepped, Alfredo pasta with brocolli, roasted mushrooms and zucchini. If he doesn't, leftovers.

Comment

I have been feeling under the weather all day. Hubs can cook if he is hungry, I just want to go home and climb in bed.

Comment

Itís nice today, just a pretty fall day. I had a doctorís appointment this morning for my yearly checkup, everything is great! Iím really fortunate to be very healthy. I did a pretty major grocery run right afterward for us and for Mom. Right now Ken is getting his car washed, he just got back from getting mine done. Now itíll probably rain!

Iím making Cookís Country skillet beef enchilada casserole for dinner with watermelon on the side.
        Last edited by CharleneG; 10-12-2018, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Salad and calzones.

Comment

made a pot of turkey soup, will have some Pillsbury wiener wraps on side
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Take out Shrimp salad and clam chowder. But the screwed up my order , so they packed shrimp gumbo instead of clam chowder. Hope its good.

Comment

Originally posted by livetobake View Post
                I have had someone here working on the dang roof again, as it is still leaking on the porch from under the siding. Frustrated and irritated does not begin covering how I am feel. I am doing my "balancing act" in my mind and thinking of the people in Florida that have died, towns that are gone, nothing left except rubble, floods and devastation for thousands that wish they still had a home that they the could fix this issue with gladness and willingly. It helps realize that even this I should be grateful for in the balance of what could be. It is working so I guess I will just suck up and hope this time it is fixed.
                livetobake... I've often thought what you are now thinking... that I complained that our house had (past tense, now all gone) termites and there are are millions of people who have no home, have no country to belong to, have no belongings... but it's natural to want our home to be the best it can be. Whenever my house gets messy because I haven't kept up with cleaning and maintenance, I feel like I'm disrespecting the work that John and I put in to buy the house in the first place.

I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  Take out Shrimp salad and clam chowder. But the screwed up my order , so they packed shrimp gumbo instead of clam chowder. Hope its good.
                  Was it good, Sabine? Annoying when orders get messed up but often that's how I try new foods...

After cooking so many meals over the past couple of days I had a lot to choose from. John was out so I only had myself to feed. I started with some pretzels and my mother-in-law's secret family recipe dip and a bit later on I had some of my mother's chow mien made from minced beef, pineapple, sultanas and cabbage. It was all very good.

Comment

The shrimp gumbo was ok, not great and I wouldn't order it . Much prefer clam chowder.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                      The shrimp gumbo was ok, not great and I wouldn't order it . Much prefer clam chowder.
                      I've never had clams. I don't even remember seeing it on a menu here but then again I rarely eat at fancy places.

Comment

When I wrote my post yesterday I was kind of half kidding about rain after both cars got washed yesterday...wouldnít you know it, we had one heck of a thunderstorm last night! Fortunately both cars were in the garage!

Comment

Working...
                        X