Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 13th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is raining, dark and dreary with a high of 50 and the low in the low 40's. It never got out of the 40's yesterday and by last evening it was cold out.

Yesterday I was outside for about three hours with just a long sleeved T shirt on and felt fine till I came inside and realized I was feeling chilly. Later I just wanted some good soup and saw where Mudder was having cream of broccoli soup for lunch and bingo, I had all I needed so made a big pan of it and when I tasted it for seasoning adjustment I almost sat in the pot with a spoon. It is the best I have ever made and the broccoli tasted so good. It was scratch the peanut butter on toast for sure.

I have frozen some but kept out a nice amount for a couple more meals so I know what my dinner will be this evening and I can thank Mudder for that.

What will you be eating tonight for your evening meal?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Shrimp cocktail, roast chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry sauce.

Comment

I needed to go shopping today and I've vowed not to go near the shopping centre again this year. Mid October and there are Christmas trees and decorations in every shop. The centre was hot because the management is too stingy to pay the electricity account to run the airconditioning. It was uncomfortable and oppressive and I was ever so happy to get back to the car. I only had a few items to buy but they were from a store in the middle of the centre so it was quite a walk to get there.

While I was in Aldi buying a surge-protector powerboard for my computer, I picked up a tray of 6 lamb loin chops to cook on the BBQ for dinner. John has his with mashed potato and peas... I had mine with some garden-fresh asparagus.

It's now 3.15am and I'm sitting here eating pretzels and my mother-in-law's dip. I'll go to bed soon but goodness knows what time I'll sleep.
      I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

High of 62 today, then boom, tomorrow freezing!

Eggin’ Fair Drumsticks and making homemade macaroni & cheese for lunch. Dinner Eggin’ Jerk Turkey Burgers with Mango Slaw and either onion rings or leftover mac n cheese.

Comment

cream of broccoli is one of my favourite soups
          hubby DS#1 and BIL are getting trailer loads of firewood today....I've got the rest of the turkey soup simmering for them, along with the rest of the turkey salad for sandwiches.
          Making some homemade burgers for dinner with a garden salad, one of our employee's gave us some 'bounty' from his garden, so I'm sure the salad will be awesome.
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

" I needed to go shopping today and I've vowed not to go near the shopping centre again this year. Mid October and there are Christmas trees and decorations in every shop. "

LOL, We have a store called Hobby Lobby here in town and they put out Christmas trees and decoration already in Sept., right next to the Halloween decorations. Crazy in my opinion, but I know ladies who are heavily into arts and crafts and they like having all that stuff out that early, more time to make their crafts.

Comment

Hobby Lobby is everywhere. I can live in that store. I’d be happy if they had Christmas deco up year round. LOL

Comment

I wish we had Hobby Lobby. I haven't been to one but I've heard about it. I was taken to Michael's store in the US and I liked that a lot. The closest we have is Spotlight which is a mere apology for Hobby Lobby.

When we first moved to this town the real estate agent told us that very soon the single train line would be duplicated and electrified and within six months we could expect a KMart and a Spotlight to be built in our town. We have lived in this house now for 34 years. We got the KMart about 15 years ago. Still waiting for the duplicated/electrified train line but every budding politician makes a point of promising that it will be done within the next year. Spotlight has never made an appearance... the nearest one is a 90 minute round trip by car. Maybe that's a good thing or I'd be buying more wool and yarn than I have rooms where I can stash it!

Comment

Do you have a Walmart store close to you Chayote ? Or a shop that sells wool ? We used to have several yarn shops here in town but they are all closing up. We used to have K-Mart stores, but they left SA many years ago and now all the Sears stores are closing. Toys R Us closed several stores here in town. Can't compete with Amazon I guess.

Comment

No Walmarts in Australia. Our big department stores are Myer, David Jones, Harris Scarfe, Kmart, BigW... can't think of any more. In our town there is a fabric shop that has some yarns at the back of the shop. I buy a lot there but it's pricy. The department stores all have yarn sections. I tend to buy up big if we go to Spotlight, especially if they are having a sale. I sometimes buy from Spotlight online and have it delivered.

Toys R Us have gone in Australia too.

Comment

I love Hobby Lobby! I love broccoli soup and asparagus! The last time I bought asparagus the stalks were too stringy so I made it into soup (yummy). But 50 degree weather - I'm sure I'd freeze, lol.

Yesterday after my LAST radiation treatment Ken took me out for a celebratory lunch. We ordered the Grizzly Bear portion deep fried cod, large pieces, and brought home 5 pieces leftover between us. I'll be reheating them to perfection in the air fryer later today. Also, the chicken tikka masala I made on Monday - I removed about 8 pieces of chicken and froze them for later, and have a nice portion of sauce left, so I put in 6 (frozen) falafel to soak up the flavor (Ken is vegetarian and will make the concession of eating this even though it previously had chicken in it. When I first met him, he wouldn't have touched the sauce so he's making strides in this area. I too, have made concessions, using vegetable broth instead of chicken/beef.)

It's rainy (NICE) and we've had probably 1-1/2" of rain over the past couple of days. Our annual rainfall in the desert is only about 6" so this is a wonderful bonus to our monsoon season. It is cooler (in the 80s) and I have the windows open. Petey and Indie, my cats, are loving the open windows, and both have their own window perch although they often share and watch birds, rabbits etc across the street. I'm loving the open windows, too - after a HOT summer and constant A/C it is wonderful to have fresh air again.

I wish each of you reading my post a happy weekend! I'm very tired and will continue to be for a few weeks from the lingering effects of radiation. I sleep all night, can barely haul myself out of bed mornings, and nap up to 3 hours a day. But my home is clean and I'll be happily painting rocks, watching movies and looking for a way to use 1 over ripe banana (maybe freeze that until a later date).

Comment

((((((MaryJo))))))

It started out a little rainy this morning after having one heck of a thunderstorm last night! Sure wasn’t expecting that. It’s clear now. Not much happening on the home front today.

We’re going to Lazy Dog Restaurant for dinner.

Comment

finally gave in last eve and turned on the furnace. high's in the 50's lows in the 30's nothing like going from HHH to furnace . I much prefer the cold.

picked up a loaf of garlic French bread today. scraped off most of the garlic butter and made French bread pizza.

Comment

Hey MaryJo...thinking of you!
                            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by MaryJo View Post
                              I wish each of you reading my post a happy weekend! I'm very tired and will continue to be for a few weeks from the lingering effects of radiation. I sleep all night, can barely haul myself out of bed mornings, and nap up to 3 hours a day. But my home is clean and I'll be happily painting rocks, watching movies and looking for a way to use 1 over ripe banana (maybe freeze that until a later date).
                              God bless you, MaryJo... sleep as much as you want to so you can recover from the ordeal you went through. You are in my prayers

Comment

Working...
                              X