Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 5th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is dark, dreary and raining with a high of 53 and the low of 45.

I baked up a lot of chicken yesterday, froze some and tonight am having BBQ chicken sandwiches, baked beans and Cole Slaw and of course some of the apple pie for DGS.

What will be your evening meal?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Sun is out and a bright blue sky. Itís 35 now, high of 48. We were having our java and a big buck walked up to our crabapple tree to munch, itís right out our window, so it a beautiful site. I felt like I could reach out and touch him, he was so close. Happy to have stew leftovers tonight.

Comment

Bean,

I had a buck came out of the woods and down the hill into my back yard last Thursday while I was doing dishes. I agree that it is a beautiful sight. They are so majestic and proud looking the way the head is held so high with their rack being so big and held with such pride as if they know how magnificent they are. I am sorry I did not have my cell phone so I could have taken a picture.

Comment

LTB, I will never get tired of the wild life here. Though I must admit after having a bear in our neighbors yard 3 weeks ago did freak me out. I'm ok with not seeing one of those again. Someone in our town had a mountain lion under their deck a month or so ago. YIKES! I'll take the deer any day.

I didn't snap a pic because the boys would have followed me, then scared him off. Hoping next time.

Comment

Could it have been Smokey the Bear?? Or a cousin? Mountain lion now would make me feel total terror if I came upon one or worse yet if it came upon me unawares. Sheer, complete and total terror. I hope you don't see or hear of them again around houses. Better keep a close eye on the boys tho I know you will.

Comment

The boys were barking early that Saturday morning. We thought it was more deer, the night before we had a dozen in our front yard, Scott looks out and says, itís a BEAR! He was huge. Now I look out all windows before going out. We had the boys area fenced in and the outer area behind it is all barb wire on our property. Itís a little safeguard. I hope it is anyways lol.

Comment

speaking of wild life......I had a Great Blue Heron swoop down just above my head last week, it was so close I actually ducked down lol!
              went to Dr this morning to get my ear looked at, it was so bad and full of 'muck' I needed it flushed out again! it was so bad, the Dr could not see into the canal
              I have a middle ear infection, and have a script for drops to take for a week
              leftover chicken tonite, gravy, home fries and peas, bought a box of Stove Top.
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I hope you feel better soon Mudder. I got a chuckle out of you ducking because of the Heron as I ducked from a turkey that left about ten of them in my back yard last week and decided my car looked like a good perching spot. When I came out and walked towards it the crazy thing flew off the back part of my car and scared me silly. It was huge also as I think everything is fattening up for winter. I know the squirrels are taking the black walnuts up on the picnic table and having a daily feast as well as on my back porch. Just wish they would clean up the outer husk and shells. Those husks are so slippery on the steps and porch.

Comment

Itís a nice day today, got out early and did my Curves workout and a couple of other minor errands before I came home. Iíve been doing a few things around the house and some more reading. Iím really trying to cut down on Facebook time.

Iím making Green Bean Okazu and brown rice and quinoa for dinner and weíll have some fruit with it.

Comment

Speaking of wildlife,this is so sad tho.All of our border towns are a lot closer than they use to be,the city perimeter has grown by leaps & bounds the last ten yrs or so...Anyway,one of my podiatrist' drs.office(& rehab center) is what is now in what use to be, way out of the city limits.Every time I go to see this particular dr.we see dead dear on the shoulder of the roads!!So sad!There's a lot of wealthy people living off theses same hi-ways & we have those weird looking,what I call is an upside down sideways halfpipe lining the highway shoulders of the road.They were supposed to keep the noise down for the people living there & then also,the wildlife out of the hi-way.It may be doing so,but I don't think when they put them there,that they should have stopped in the area where they did with it if they just had to put them there.!!Its like, it had been rural country for so long in these vacinities & the wildlife had a choice then, on where they could go to get to safe places w/o being stuck with this death wall stopping them.Also,dear can jump higher than almost any animal,why didn't they take these into consideration before they put these up!!!??Its very apparent what is going on.Why is no one doing anything about it!This same main hi-way is the one that is used between here & Branson lots of very wealthy people in these areas......
                    Last edited by D'sMom; 11-06-2018, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X