Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THIS is why I complain about So Cal traffic!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Sometimes he took the train, sometimes slugged (I hated when he did that)!
    Bean, what does "slugged" mean?

We rarely drive in the city but when we do, it's horrible. I recall one morning when I needed to have John at Royal Melbourne Hospital by 7am. We left home at 3am and we were still late. It's only 48km away! I was amazed that the amount of traffic on the roads... especially large trucks.
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

you should have driven into the city the day before and spend the night and you would have been there on time. Most big medical centers have guest houses and motels close by, at least they do here .

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

Bean, what does "slugged" mean?

We rarely drive in the city but when we do, it's horrible. I recall one morning when I needed to have John at Royal Melbourne Hospital by 7am. We left home at 3am and we were still late. It's only 48km away! I was amazed that the amount of traffic on the roads... especially large trucks.
        Itís like car pooling but you donít know anyone. They have slug lots, you park your car and wait in line hoping someone picks you up. I thought it was dangerous. He only did it a few times, a few too many in my book. You could be on the other end, and what if you didnít get picked up to be dropped off at your car!

Comment

kinda like hitch hiking!
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
            kinda like hitch hiking!
            Exactly! It always worried me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
              you should have driven into the city the day before and spend the night and you would have been there on time. Most big medical centers have guest houses and motels close by, at least they do here .
              Not an option for us, Sabine... accommodation is expensive in the Melbourne CBD and we can't afford that. Royal Melbourne is a huge public hospital and teaching hospital. They don't offer accommodation. Fortunately he only needs to be admitted for one day every 12 months.
              I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Working...
              X