Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THIS is why I complain about So Cal traffic!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CharleneG
    replied
    Originally posted by smokey View Post
    Oh, but the restaurants!
    There is that Smokey! There are only 2 Iíll really miss when we move...Lazy Dog Restaurant and Grimaldiís, and they might start expansion in WA. The Lazy Dog near us is about 6-1/2 miles, it takes 40 minutes to get there.

Vera, it used to be just ďrush hourĒ traffic that was bad, but now itís terrible about 20 hours a day. Our surface streets are packed and donít even talk about the freeways! We have a lot of big companies in about a 10 mile radius: SpaceX, Tesla, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Honda, DC Marvel Studios, Lakers and Clippers training facilities, and let us not forget the biggest cluster **** (unprintable word!), Los Angeles International Airport. Weíre about 4 miles from it, and Iíd rather take a beating than drive into that mess. Iíll happily pay a shuttle, Uber, Lyft, whatever to avoid that.

The area we want to move to is close enough to Seattle that we can get there by ferry easily, but far enough from it that you donít get the nasty traffic. We plan to move to Whidbey Island in WA. You can take the ferry or drive over Deception Pass to get to the mainland. There are some nice towns there and Oak Harbor has everything you need on a daily basis. It really reminds me of the beach town I grew up in years ago near here. It bears no resemblance to it now! As weíve reached our 70ís our need for big city entertainments has pretty much gone away. We live maybe 12-15 miles from downtown Los Angeles and we never go there!

Leave a comment:

• Vera
    replied
    Bean - Traffic hasn't gotten any better in Virginia. I live 50 miles outside Washington, DC. Interstate 95 both north and south - well, pack your patience. If we are lucky, we can drive it in 1 hour, 15 minutes. If you have any bump in the road you are looking at 3-3 1/2 hours. There are certain things you give up living in a rural area and also living in the city - it's a choice and you live with it.

Leave a comment:

• Bean
    replied
    Another reason we didnít want to live in the city, traffic and it grew and is growing like mad. The highways and interstate are a pain during the week. We try and get city shopping done and errands run during the week, itís not as bad. We have no traffic where we live.

We rememer the traffic in CA and VA, terrible!

Leave a comment:

• Sabine
    replied
    I can say the same thing about San Antonio, bumper to bumper traffic, especially in the morning and late afternoon as people go to work / home. And it is getting worse by the day as we have more people coming in from other states, especially California and Colorado. But since I don't work anymore I pretty much can pick the times I have to go on the express way. Would not want to live in a small town.

Leave a comment:

• AllieK
    replied
    Which makes me so thankful that I live in a very unpopulated area of Texas

Leave a comment:

• smokey
    replied
    Oh, but the restaurants!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X