Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 8th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is cold this morning with a high of 45 and the low of 38.

I have a nice ham that I will bake along with some sweet potatoes, roasted broccoli and baked apples.

What will be your delicious dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Originally posted by livetobake View Post
    nice ham, some sweet potatoes, roasted broccoli and baked apples
    Wow, livetobake... I've had less good food for Christmas dinner! That would be a feast in our house...

Our groceries arrived at 6pm so we had a big choice for dinner tonight. We had a hot pork roast sliced up into fresh bread rolls. They were *so* good! ...but then I was hungry so anything would have been good. I added cranberry sauce and pea shoots to mine.

Tomorrow I'll be cooking a big lot of John's curried sausages and hopefully this time I can put some in the freezer. Also making a rhubarb slice, half for the freezer and half for our neighbours. The rhubarb in the garden is growing a treat but it's also wanting to go into seed. I keep breaking the flowers off. Speaking of flowers, my perennial sweet peas are beginning to flower. I'll take some photos tomorrow.
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Thanks Chayote but it really is a very easy meal making. The ham, broccoli and sweet potatoes will go into the oven and the baked apples into the toaster oven. I have not had the big oven on for about a year so it will be brought out of "retirement" for tonight. Then I can sit back and wait for the aromas wafting through the house.

Comment

Ham sounds so good! Iíve been craving our Champagne Ham since we moved. Christmas for sure! Itís cold here too, 29 now, high 35 and low of 14. Iím solo for dinner, leftovers will work!

Comment

It was snowing a little when I got out of my car today at work. I just want to go home and put on jammies and crank up the heat and lay in bed watching tv. I have a mad craving for the cheap boxed mac and cheese, so hubs is picking up a few boxes on the way home. I hate this stupid time change stuff, its dark when I get home and my body just wants to go to sleep. Then I wake up at 4 am ready to go.

Comment

snowing off and on here too, good day to stay inside. My son 'finally' hooked up the tv & dvd player for me in the guest room so I can watch movies. I dug out my all time fave, Dirty Dancing, and then realized I won't be able to hear it. Still not wearing hearing aid, such a pain in butt.
            dinner will be a homemade 'hamburger helper' not in the mood for cooking much
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I hope you feel better soon Mudder.

Comment

thank you...I'm actually not feeling badly. I'm a bit stuffy but, this not being able to hear thing is driving me up the wall!
                A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

The day started out very overcast but it has cleared up. There are high winds in the inland areas but itís calm here. Itís been a pretty quiet day so far. I did go to Curves but didnít need to make any other stops.

I made a shrimp pasta salad yesterday for tonightís dinner. I was trying out a new to me recipe and it needed some serious tweaking, but Iíve got it tasting pretty good now.

Comment

Can't post.

Comment

Well, finally did.

Comment

Working...
                      X