Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 9th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Oh Mudder----why oh why did you send the snow this way? I woke and it is snowing a steady amount of snow and the ground is covered. Better then hot and humid I keep saying over and over.

I am making scalloped potatoes filled with ham, pickled beets, peas and reheated baked apples.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

g'day, livetobake... I don't think we'll have a Summer this year. I bought myself a fancy desk fan that is silent running, has 9 fan speeds, a digital temperature display and remote control. Since I brought it home, we haven't have a day over 20C... Of course there's no doubt that we are going to have a hot Summer, the same as every year but I can live in hope.

John had chicken hot pot and mashed potato tonight... I had some crumbed prawns.
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

TGIF! Hubby grumpy this morning from traveling to LA and back in one day. He had to go to work half day today too. He wont be doing that again! I guess hell be picking up dinner. I dont have time to cook.

Comment

Just got back from the grocery where I stocked up on veggies to make soup. I was so cold and almost bought the stuff for beef stew too. Tonight I'm putting together chef salads with left over Brazilian cheese rolls.
        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

It is hot, windy and dry here today. There are terrible fires burning in Ventura County and you can see smoke out over the ocean. Were safe here, were not in a fire prone area, but its bad elsewhere. I cant even begin to imagine how devastating that would be. I went to Curves, then got a knee X-ray done for my appointment next week and picked up some things for Mom. Im just about to settle in for some fun reading this afternoon. Ive got a new Stephanie Plum book, Hardcore Twenty Four. Let the laughs begin!

Were having American Kobe beef cheeseburgers and fruit for dinner.

Comment

DH is working till 1am again tonight(their thinking about him staying on 2nd shift from now on, yuk!!But then i'm very grateful he has a job!!so many don't!) So i'm solo for dinner.His late night working hours are killers when you're trying to lose a little weight before the holidays.

I still haven't been able to make the carrot soup or Bean's carrots from T&T yet.My intentions are good but the body wont get with the program so.....Anyway,i'm making a taco casserole,I love 1 pot cooking,so simple & easy & the leftovers are great for this weekend.I'm also making for dessert Bean's Raspberry Buttermilk Cake,I have a 1/2 a bag of raspberries I need to use up.Have a good weekend everyone!

Comment

Pork tenderloin tonight, with a noodle/broccoli Alfredo.

Had our first snow, to stick, tonight. Looking forward to not leaving the house for three days. It'll be Spring by Tuesday, right?

Spinach salads with warm Italian/bacon dressing tomorrow. Some cheese toast to go with.

Sunday is movie day. I don't watch movies often, so Larry is tickled. We haven't done that for years! I ordered meat and cheese tray and a veggie tray, making different dips, crackers, some rolls for him to make sandwiches, Lil smokies, some pickled Herring, smoked oysters ...

Comment

Working...
              X