Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Already thinking of spring planting & winters just starting!LOL......;)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already thinking of spring planting & winters just starting!LOL......;)

So i'm getting ready to fill out my Gurney catalog order.DH tells me that he will build me a grape arbor come spring as a late Christmas present,i'm so excited!My G-parents use to have them as did my parents, so i'm carrying on the tradition!LOL My parent's & GP had long arbors but i'm thinking that I will do it in a roundish gazebo like structure..Also, i'm going to get my areas for my decorative sweet pea plants in order now so that I wont be doing it when it gets hot outside..I'm thinking in the spring
    I will plant
    a couple of seeds to go trailing up the outside yard lamp & in the backyard by the gate they will trail over the gate posts.They're so prettyPurple & pink.Do you like to garden & what do you plant?

I know,I know!Its not even C-mas yet & i'm talking about gardening LOL.Please don't be cussin me(kidding) for bringing it up while its so cold in your areas.& everyone's put up all of the gardening equipment to right?Guerney's will be sending me my order in the spring/summer,I love getting their stuff.& also planning a garden in the dead of winter.I wonder why they call it "Dead of winter,"it sounds so morbid doesn't it?.lol
    Last edited by D'sMom; Yesterday, 03:42 AM.

Comment

I sure won't be cussin you D'sMom I have had a garden for around 40 yrs. sometimes a big one sometimes little one. when we moved to the country 16 yrs ago we went CRRAAZZYYY we grew all potatos we needed for a yr. tomatos, cucumbers, beets, zucc, watermelon cantaloupe, onions, green beans, peas (only one yr.) lol shelling those suckers are not worth it to me, tho joe loves them. green peppers. corn. I canned my fanny off every year also froze a lot, but did not freeze green beans or carrots, oh yea we had carrots too. I think frozen green beans are yucky.
      now tho, I am not able to keep up with all that so we only did tomatos, zucc, cucumbers. joe planted horseradish several years ago, I'm tellin ya that stuff spreads like wildfire!!!
      I truly have been sad last few years that we didn't think of a grape arbor when we came here. I love to make jelly with fresh grapes. my sister had one and always gave me the grapes I don't know why I didn't think of planting our own. things change and now she doesn't have them any longer with my heart stuff and joe being 78 I don't suppose we will do it now.
      I LOVE reading all your garden plans and look forward to hearing garden details this summer

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
        I sure won't be cussin you D'sMom I have had a garden for around 40 yrs. sometimes a big one sometimes little one. when we moved to the country 16 yrs ago we went CRRAAZZYYY we grew all potatos we needed for a yr. tomatos, cucumbers, beets, zucc, watermelon cantaloupe, onions, green beans, peas (only one yr.) lol shelling those suckers are not worth it to me, tho joe loves them. green peppers. corn. I canned my fanny off every year also froze a lot, but did not freeze green beans or carrots, oh yea we had carrots too. I think frozen green beans are yucky.
        now tho, I am not able to keep up with all that so we only did tomatos, zucc, cucumbers. joe planted horseradish several years ago, I'm tellin ya that stuff spreads like wildfire!!!
        I truly have been sad last few years that we didn't think of a grape arbor when we came here. I love to make jelly with fresh grapes. my sister had one and always gave me the grapes I don't know why I didn't think of planting our own. things change and now she doesn't have them any longer with my heart stuff and joe being 78 I don't suppose we will do it now.
        I LOVE reading all your garden plans and look forward to hearing garden details this summer
        You have had a huge garden Rosie!It sounds wonderful !But boy you're right, it is time consuming!
        I've done that myself & I know how it can get out of hand very easily,where that's all a person does is live & breathe their garden..LOL But I couldn't think of anything better to take up my time.I used to be outdoors more than inside but of course not as much any more. I do hope to add to my fruit trees & have myself a small orchard pretty soon.This year I'm going to plant some blackberries,but i'm going to try & contain them so that they don't take over the backyard!We'll see! On the grape arbor,I cant wait!I wish that we lived closer you could come over & have some when they start producing well.Oh,on the horseradish,my GM used to plant it,she always had a lot of it to. .She used to mix it with mayonnaise,lemon juice,salt & a little pepper & blend it all up in the blender.seems like there was something else she added to it but I cant remember right now what it was.

One year I picked so many bushels of grapes that I was too exhausted to start the canning process!& then when I was able(a day or 2 later)I mean I was making so much jelly & grape juice,you wouldn't believe it!.I LOVE fresh grape juice!I would like to try my hand at making grape wine to.I don't drink but i'd love to try making it at least once in my life to see if i'm any good at it.LOL

Comment

I'm looking forward to April/May/June so I can plant some more fruit trees. We have apricots and cherries on the trees right now... maybe ripe for Christmas.
          I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Working...
          X