Christmas cards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas cards

Here we go again! Who send Christmas cards? I'm one who loves to mail cards to friends and family. I even more love to deliver cards personally. Hubby and I do this every year. Postage is so expensive, but still we still spend the money to send the cards. E greetings are just not the same. I save my cards that we have been given every year
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

We used to send a lot of cards but we stopped several years ago. Most of them were going to people we hadnít seen or talked to in over 25 years. We always sent cards we got from National Wildlife Federation with beautiful nature pictures. I donít see us sending them out in the future either.

Comment

Guilty Mudder!
      I save them from the previous years as well.I've whiddled down the amount that I send tho.I love receiving them to,to me, getting them is as exciting as opening Christmas presents!

Comment

I absolutely send 100 plus cards out and my cards are large enough that it requires extra postage. It is something I enjoy doing so I keep it up.

Comment

Many years ago we sent Christmas post cards. Postage was much less and we were short on money.

Comment

i used to send out lots of cards in the past, but now I only send out a handful of cards to a few people. Like Charlene I see no point in sending cards to people I don't have any contact with the rest of the year. Lot of our contacts have passed away, or we have lost contact over the years. Being military, people move around and retire to other parts of the country and after a while the contact stops.
            And it's not the cost of the postage that made me stop doing it. I don't send out emails for Christmas greetings, if I send an email that time of the year I may add a Christmas greetings, but that is about it.
            I also used to save old Christmas cards from year to year, especially the ones from my parents / brother , close family or friends. After a few years and another move I realized that I really don't need to save old Christmas cards. I put them in a box and then would never look at them again. So one year I found the address of a charity who would accept the front of the cards . I don't remember what they did with it, somehow recycled I guess. Anyway I packed up my cards and mailed them off. Glad I did it. Now I keep the cards , that I do get, in a special Christmas bowl during the season and then in the new year I shred the few cards, no more saving.

Comment

We do. Hoping I donít slack this year. I went to order our new address labels a couple months ago and then forgot. I need to get a move on. I already have the cards.

Comment

Working...
              X