Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 10th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

And it officially is a cold wintery day that has snowed with it plastered onto the trees, houses and cars. The wind blowing hard making the snow coming down swirl in every direction. Even the electrical wires have about 2 inches of snow sitting on them. The high of 33 and the low of 23. Yup, it is now winter with leaves still on the trees that are still green.

I am debating on dinner, soup of choice from the freezer along with grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, scrambled eggs, ham, home fries, toast and orange juice or a ham and cheese quiche.

What sounds good for you dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

G'day, livetobake... you certainly have a big choice for your dinner.

I didn't spend much time outside today but we had our front door open most of the time so it was obviously warm out there. John did some watering which was helpful. I just wish he didn't have the hose set with such a hard flow. I've mentioned it to him before. I'll check tomorrow when he's out if he's washed soil away from the roots.

I went to visit my neighbour for just a few minutes. She could talk to me a bit. She was excited and proud (her words) that she is able to leave sufficient money to her adult children to use as deposits to purchase houses... quite an achievement for her. She asked me for a hug before I left and I think we both knew it would be the last. She's very weak. All the extended family are visiting tomorrow after which she has requested to return to the hospital palliative care unit.

Dinner: we both ate the same meal tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it. I cooked curried sausages and mashed potatoes... very much comfort food. Also made some fresh fruit salad with pineapple, watermelon, strawberries, kiwifruit, passionfruit and banana.
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

I'm going to whiz up a soup with zucchini, carrots, onions, leeks, and any other veggies I can find in the fridge. I'm thinking about a meatloaf made from ground turkey and chicken. I love a good ground beef/pork/veal mix, but those aren't 0-point foods, so I'll doctor up the turkey and chicken. I also have some apples I may bake.
      "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I am sorry about your friend Chayote. I know you have enjoyed your friendship with her for years and will dearly miss her. I wish there was something I could say or do for both of you that made it easier and take away the pain. Hugs my friend.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

So sorry, Chayote. It is a blessing that she can make choices at this stage of life.

Comment

Our skies are filled with smoke and ash today. Combine that with super low humidity and high barometric pressure and you’ve got a recipe for the mother of all sinus headaches and achy joints. Ugh. Otherwise today has been very quiet.

We’re going to Buca di Beppo for dinner. This should guarantee enough leftovers for a least one extra dinner, maybe two.

Comment

Working...
            X