Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what would be a Christmas gift that would make your life easier?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would be a Christmas gift that would make your life easier?

Mine would be very simple. John and I both take the same medication for osteo arthritis and our dose is six tablets per day... 2 in the morning, afternoon and before bed. They are packaged in childproof slides which makes them very difficult for me to extract. I would love to find a container of extracted pills that were ready to use.

We went out for dinner with a group of 20 people last night and this was one of the questions that went around the table. One lady said she just wanted someone to take our her rubbish bins on collection night and I'm working on making that wish come true.

Is there anything that you would like to see under your Christmas tree?
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

A backyard for our dogs. DH is in Arizona visiting his sister. I have dog walking about 5 times a day. Sixty pound basset pulls and keeps crossing in front of me. Afraid I am going to fall. He is all muscle. DH usually walks them and if we both do, I have the pug.
    Told DH this morning that our next place must have a yard.
    Please, Santa!

Comment

Well, you may think I'm asking for a lot here. What I think I do 'need' is a new kitchen. We live in one of those homes that are in two sections, can't think of what they are called right now, lol. House was constructed in late 70's and placed here on a foundation. Over the years we have re-done the inside of the house i.e.: drywall vs the original ugly brown paneling in every room! Anyway, the kitchen is a small galley type, which is fine now that hubby and I are empty nesters. The kitchen was the only room that was not done over. I have wall papered and painted cabinets, but after all this time, they are in rough shape, I would love a new kitchen cooking and baking is a great hobby of mine, and I still do a lot of that for our 4 kids and their spouses. Honestly, I don't think it would be that expensive to have new cabinets & counter tops installed being the size of kitchen. We shall see...maybe in the New Year
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Is the word you are searching for 'duplex' with two residences under one roof (separate entrances/front door?) You could also check out new cabinet fronts only and keep the cabinets in place and only replace what is seen outside. Check the cost for total replacement and then new fronts only. What about appliances - do they need upgrading? Also, is a new kitchen floor in order? It is amazing what is out there that can really upgrade a kitchen's look. Also, a new sink and faucet? I love to shop for stuff like that. There is a Kohler sink (on their website) that is so stunningly beautiful that I would love to install but the color is completely different from what I have and that half bathroom looks nice now so I can't rip it out. Good luck.

Comment

I would LOVE to have a cat condo out the front window, and some cat shelves for jumping and climbing on a wall indoors.

I'd love to have a new kitchen and more storage throughout - we'll see... not a necessity but a want.

Comment

I would like my for ds to announce that he will finally move out. DH and I have never ever lived by ourselves. More so I would like someone to come in and clean my bathroom regularly and kitchen deep cleaned every so often. I can't get down and clean behind the toilet and bathtub etc. I pay dd to comes and do it every so often.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
              Is the word you are searching for 'duplex' with two residences under one roof (separate entrances/front door?) You could also check out new cabinet fronts only and keep the cabinets in place and only replace what is seen outside. Check the cost for total replacement and then new fronts only. What about appliances - do they need upgrading? Also, is a new kitchen floor in order? It is amazing what is out there that can really upgrade a kitchen's look. Also, a new sink and faucet? I love to shop for stuff like that. There is a Kohler sink (on their website) that is so stunningly beautiful that I would love to install but the color is completely different from what I have and that half bathroom looks nice now so I can't rip it out. Good luck.
              No, not a duplex....house is called modular home, 60 x 24
              unfortunately I need more than just cabinet fronts, appliances are newer, they can stay.Floor has hardwood running thru as whole house does, I'd probably change that to a nice lino or tile. Would go for new sink, its currently white and stains horribly. Have thought of contacting a BIL who is a cabinet builder, wonder if he'd give us a family discount
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

About a million dollars would do the trick for me.

Comment

thanks for sharing your Christmas wishes. Fun to read. I can visualise a couple of carpenters sitting under a couple of Christmas trees.

Years ago there was an ad on TV about a genie who granted someone one wish... a packet of Tim Tams that never ran out. Too much of a good thing is *wonderful*

Sabine... your wish was a popular one at the dinner I went to... These days $1M is lucky to buy a modest house in the suburbs... *LOL*

Another request for Christmas was for a young Mum to discover her 2 year old's *OFF* button.

MaryJo... your cat would no doubt be in feline Heaven with a structure like that. I think they are a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by smokey View Post
                    A backyard for our dogs. DH is in Arizona visiting his sister. I have dog walking about 5 times a day. Sixty pound basset pulls and keeps crossing in front of me. Afraid I am going to fall. He is all muscle. DH usually walks them and if we both do, I have the pug.
                    Told DH this morning that our next place must have a yard.
                    Please, Santa!
                    I can visualise the problem, smokey *LOL* When we had beagles it was debatable as to who was walking who. Bassets are even stronger. Maybe you should ask Santa for a doggy treadmill

Comment

Originally posted by Hayburner View Post
                      I would like my for ds to announce that he will finally move out. DH and I have never ever lived by ourselves. More so I would like someone to come in and clean my bathroom regularly and kitchen deep cleaned every so often. I can't get down and clean behind the toilet and bathtub etc. I pay dd to comes and do it every so often.
                      I feel your pain. At the dinner I asked for someone to come into my home every second week to change the linen on all our beds and remake them in the way I like them made... I wish I wasn't so fussy but I am. The bathrooms are fine, we only use the ensuite and that's easy to clean and will be even easier when the new shower screen is installed.

Tiff was my longest staying child. She was 27 when she moved out. Kids seem to be staying longer in the family home as time goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

I feel your pain. At the dinner I asked for someone to come into my home every second week to change the linen on all our beds and remake them in the way I like them made... I wish I wasn't so fussy but I am. The bathrooms are fine, we only use the ensuite and that's easy to clean and will be even easier when the new shower screen is installed.

Tiff was my longest staying child. She was 27 when she moved out. Kids seem to be staying longer in the family home as time goes on.
                        Maybe that is because the parents let them stay. If the child has a job then their is no reason why the kid can't move on / out. Give the kid a dead line when they have to be out. Most kids I would think would prefer to be on their own.
                        As far as one million would buy a house , well you must live in a very expensive neighborhood, LOL, one million would buy several houses in my town. But I already have a house, so it would be just fun money
                        Hire a maid to do your housecleaning, sheet changing or whatever else. The million $ would help with that. You can always train the maid to do it the way you prefer , can't be that hard.

Comment

I pretty much buy whatever I want. I highly recommend a roomba for everyone, greatest gadget ever invented!

Comment

All I want is for my hubby to be cancer free. We find out this Monday the results of his Pet scan.

Comment

mommy,

I know this is so hard and the waiting is harder. Prayers for a positive result.
                              Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                              He drew a circle that shut me out.
                              But love and I had the wit to win,
                              We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Working...
                              X