Need creamy rice pudding recipe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need creamy rice pudding recipe

Haven't gotten any responses in requests.
    Thanks.

Smoky,
    Do you want a baked, stovetop or a quicky individual
    rice pudding?

Comment

D's Mom, stove top. DGD is celiac and recently discovered rice pudding - store bought. Would love to make some for Christmas.

Comment

My sympathies. Celiac disease is no fun. Thankfully, I just had to learn to cook differently, but people today, and especially kids have a hard time 'cause it's so hard to be spontaneous and eat fun stuff like fast food. All of my kids have it too, and I'm so thankful that they all grew up in the kitchen with me and can cook!
        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Here is one Iíve made thatís really tasty and creamy. I used the rose water but vanilla would be delicious too.

Indian Rice Pudding
          Recipe courtesy Aarti Sequeira
          Serves: 4 servings

Ingredients
          1/2 cup basmati rice
          6 cups whole milk
          1 teaspoon ground cardamom
          1/2 cup sugar
          1 teaspoon rosewater, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
          3 tablespoons minced unsalted pistachios or almonds, plus extra for garnish

Directions

In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, bring the rice, milk, and cardamom to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly with a heat-safe spoonula to help keep the milk from burning.

Reduce the heat so that the milk is gently simmering and cook for 45 to 50 minutes, stirring often. The rice should be tender and the milk will have reduced by half, giving a porridge-like consistency.

Add the sugar, rosewater or vanilla, and pistachios. Stir and turn off the heat. Serve either warm or chilled, garnished with extra pistachios. Goes well with fresh fruit too.

Charleneís notes: Absolutely fantastic. Use a large, heavy non-stick saucepan for this. Rosewater can be found in Middle Eastern markets.

Comment

Charlene, this sounds really good. Just don't know if a five year old would like it as much as we would.

Comment

I think if you used the vanilla in it and switched out the cardamom for some cinnamon, or just left it out completely and added a small amount of nutmeg it would be good for a young palate. I just love things like tapioca and rice pudding.

Comment

You could add raisins as well if the kiddo likes them

Comment

My mom just added leftover rice to instant vanilla pudding. We thought it was the greatest thing ever. I cheat I buy Kozy shack ready made rice pudding

Comment

Working...
                  X