Christmas cookies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas cookies

Whats your favorite Christmas cookie? I feel like having a bake fest this weekend and want to try something new.

Chocolate bark is my new favorite. Yes , I know it's not a cookie, it's easy to make and you don't even have to turn the oven on. You can top the melted chocolate with all kind of goodies, like different nuts, dried fruit, and my favorite, white chocolate with peppermint pieces.

Comment

Soft and chewy and full of flavor. All time favorite.

Molasses Cookies

1 1/2 C. Butter
      2 c. Sugar
      2 eggs
      1/2 C. molasses
      Cream Butter and Sugar and then beat in Eggs and Molasses

Add in and mix:

4 C. Flour
      1 t. salt
      2 t. Cloves
      2 t. Ginger
      2 t. Cinnamon
      6 t. Baking Soda

After combining chill and roll into balls about 2/3 the size of a walnut and then roll in sugar. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 8-10 minutes. Makes between 5-6 dozen. I make 1 1/2 of the recipe and get about 7 1/2 dozen. If doubled then obviously you would get between 10-12 dozen. These freeze very well and I have gotten everything so I can make some soon.

While baking the house smells so much like an grandmother's kitchen from years ago. There are some serious spices that have a robust flavors that tho they sound like a lot trust me when I say they are the best cookie. They do not have the bite of a ginger snap cookie but just so soft and chewy and delicious. Hot they are stronger in flavor, cooled they are milder.

DGS won a Men's Chef Night at the church 3 years ago and took top place over all. He was the youngest "Man" there and was so proud. There was about 15 men there and some were really good cooks but he wiped them out. People asked him if he would take orders and sell them.

If you make them I hope you like them muz.

Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Not sure on a favorite, I have a few. I am going to make Charlene's Oatmeal Bourbon Cookies soon. Just bumped the recipe. I have a lot of baking next week, I'm going to enjoy it after all this freaking work!

Comment

Thanks for the bump Bean! I was going to suggest those too. I will be on an oatmeal cookie baking marathon next week!

Comment

Carmel Layer Chocolate Squares
            http://www.entertainingcouple.com/re...olate-squares/

Comment

Your welcome Charlene.

Hayburner, those look great! TY

Comment

My favorites are probably Thumb Prints (preferably with homemade jam) and Spritz, probably a hold over from childhood. I made 2 batches for a bake sale last week - iced gingers and Swig sugar. The sugar cookie recipe is rolled balls flattened with the bottom of a glass, but I rolled the dough, cut out stars and frosted them yellow. I'm probably not making much more as I don't need the sugar and don't have kids around to eat them. If you like the "lofthouse" type cookies at most grocery stores, the Swig recipe is just like them - EXCELLENT. Just google Swig Sugar Cookies.

Comment

my mom's carrot cookies with orange frosting.

Comment

Working...
                  X