Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 6th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is cloudy this morning with the high in the low 40's and the low in the low 30's.

I am making cream of broccoli soup along with garlic bread and apple pie
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Making a big pot of italian sausages with peppers and onions, rice a roni, green bean casserole and salad, oh and brownies. Hubs did the grocery shopping for tonight's dinner, so he only brought home sausages and peppers, just scrounged the rest of the stuff out of the cabinets.

Comment

I am making cabbage rolls. I usually make them twice a year.
      hmmm wonder how my fonts ended up being slanted?
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Mudder,

I hope you make lots and freeze some. Those are so dang good when it is frigid out and make the house smell so good.

Ha, I wonder how things end up on my computer or disappear all the time. Did you do something different or have a problem that you corrected or add something? I know I just "find" things that appear or disappear on a regular basis.

Dang, I can smell and taste those cabbage rolls already. I may pull some from my freezer the next really cold day we get.

Comment

We had some surprise visitors this morning... my nephew, his wife and their darling little boy, Daniel who I hadn't met until today. He's 2 years old and he's gorgeous. They live in Queensland and are on holidays. From here they go to Adelaide to stay two days with my daughter, son-in-law and Andrew. Hopefully the boys will get along well and have a ball.

I didn't do a great deal today. Made a casserole which I halved between us and our neighbour. He's not coping well since his wife died. Poor man is 81 and for the first time in his life, he's alone. I can't take his emotional pain away but I can fill his belly with comfort food.

For dinner we had the casserole... sausages and lots of vegetables with mashed potato for John and rice for me. Put two meals in the freezer.
          I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

How kind you are Chayote. He is on a very hard and rough road and he needs good food but most of all he needs your compassion and company when you take the food over.

Comment

Got Dr. Pepper Crock pot baby back ribs cooking.Never made it before, sure hoping they turn out tender & lots of flavor!!

Comment

We did get some rain here last night and itís been on and off bright sunshine today. Abby gets so sad when her sunbeam goes away from her pillows by the sliding door. Itís a quiet day today. Ken got his driverís license renewed yesterday with no problem, he was concerned because he has a pretty bad cataract that weíre hoping heíll be able to get corrected soon. Even with a DMV appointment he was still there for 2 hours! Bureaucracy at its finest!

We are having fried cube steaks, scalloped potatoes and cucumber salad for dinner.

Comment

Surprised he passed the eye test with cataracts ? Here in Texas you have to be 20/40 in each eye or you don't pass. No pass means no licenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    Surprised he passed the eye test with cataracts ? Here in Texas you have to be 20/40 in each eye or you don't pass. No pass means no licenses.
                    He only has it in one eye and he does wear glasses full time. We hope heíll be able to get it fixed this year. Ophthalmologist has said it wasnít ready for the last 2 years, Optometrist canít do any more correction with lenses.

Comment

I saw an optometrist for many years. Very nearsighted, wearing glasses / contact lenses . He kept on telling me that I had cataracts , but they were not " ready " yet to be removed. I also had " supposedly ' a skin over the macula in my eye and supposedly was causing my eyesight getting worse every year.
                      Finally I had enough and made an appointment with an ophthalmologist , who specialized in cataracts, and guess what, he told me that I should have had cataract surgery a couple of years ago, the cataracts were the reason my eyesight was so bad and getting worse.
                      Long story short, I had cataract surgery about 15 month ago in both my eyes and now my eyesight is 20/20 in both my eyes , no more glasses or contact lenses. It is wonderful to be able to see everything so clear.
                      I was very disappointed in my optometrist who I trusted so much. I wrote him a letter telling him what happened and how I felt and that I wanted my medical records transferred . My ophthalmologist also requested my records, never heard another thing from that doctor. Thought about suing for malpractice, but in the very end decided against it. My eyesight is perfect now and I have a good doctor.
                      But I did write a review about him on his web site to warn other people, if nothing else get a second opinion.
                      I just want to add that my new doctor told me that waiting for the cataract to grow / ripe to be ready for surgery is an outdated message. If you have trouble seeing, it's time for surgery.
                      A friend of mine had elective cataract surgery a couple of month ago. Yes, she had to pay for it by herself.
                      Just a little info I wanted to share.

Comment

Our optometrist is excellent, he diagnosed mine and I got my referral to ophthalmology right away. I had them in both eyes and they got really bad really fast. I had both eyes done in 2011. The one Ken has is very slow growing. Our optometrist has referred him for the last 2 years, sending letters etc but ophthalmologist keeps telling him heís not ready. Weíre going to ask for a different ophthalmologist this time. I wish the one I had was still in the area, he was amazing.

Comment

Never hurts to get a second opinion.

Comment

Working...
                          X