MudderBear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MudderBear

You mentioned on the January 7 dinner thread you were going to make Cream of Mushroom soup. When I am at a restaurant and it is the soup of the day I always order it. I have never made it and it would seem like a simple soup. Would you mind posting your recipe on Tried and True? I am assuming yours is yummy!!

Hi Vera...I sure will post it! It's delish.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

it's posted

Comment

Thanks MudderBear I have printed it out and next time I am at the grocery store I will buy the mushrooms. Thanks, again.

Comment

you are most welcome, Vera!

Comment

Thank you Karen!! This sounds amazing! I think thyme would be my choice too.

Back when I was working in aerospace as an instructor I used to have to go to our Newport Beach facility to teach a mandatory class several times a year. None of the other instructors ever wanted to make that trip, it was about 40 miles or so, and I always jumped at it. I always set the classes for Tuesdays because a restaurant near the Orange County Airport (Gulliverís) had mushroom soup for the soup of the day and it was so delicious. I always ordered it and a smoked trout salad for lunch there.

Comment

Charlene, what is your background? What did you teach?

Comment

I taught military specification soldering classes and static awareness classes at Hughes Aircraft/Raytheon in El Segundo CA. I worked in aerospace electronics for over 30 years. I was at various times an assembler (I built huge, complex radar testing equipment, satellite electronics, missile guidance systems, etc. ) an inspector and quality engineer and then 12 years as an instructor. I had to be certified by both the Navy and DOD.

Comment

I am impressed. Feel like a slug. Boring life for me

Comment

Smokey you are not a slug. Everyone has a different life then others and that does not make anyone "better" then anyone else. I know several people that would like a "boring " life instead of the situations they have been thrust into. Please, if you are feeling like anything make it a beautiful you.
                    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                    He drew a circle that shut me out.
                    But love and I had the wit to win,
                    We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

LTB, you are precious.

Comment

Thank you smokey. Look into a mirror and you will see what precious looks like.
                        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                        He drew a circle that shut me out.
                        But love and I had the wit to win,
                        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Truth be told, I was completely burned out teaching those classes and would have happily gone back to being an assembler if I could have. I still have great dreams about building those big test stations.

Comment

Working...
                          X