Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 9th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

I knew it was coming when the day got colder, had a light show and thunder and so much rain yesterday and here it is. Snow plastered on everything, coming down hard. roads slippery with the high of 29 and the low of 19. Winter is back.

Ok, Mudder made her cabbage rolls and I have been thinking and waiting for a cold and wintery day and this is it. Cabbage rolls for dinner, rice pilaf, applesauce I pulled from the freezer and coconut cream pie.

What will be your Wednesday night meal?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I put a family pack of chicken breast, a stick of butter and a packet of ranch in the crock-pot this morning. They had to be cooked. I really have no clue what I am going to make with them but it will be low carb something or other.

Comment

Last nights dinner and fun with the camera.
      Last edited by muzette7; 01-09-2019, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Looks good muz. What seasoning do you put into the chicken?

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
          Last nights dinner and fun with the camera.
          love how there is a 'food setting' on our camera's!
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

making spaghetti for dinner tonite. My fav sauce is vodka sauce by Classico, such a different taste than regular sauces.
            livetobake: tree is gone! I handled it pretty good. Hubby came in to house as I was taking lights off, and he puts on a pouty face and pretends to sob, lol!
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I think you so have a dethroning party in honor of the tree. Sounds like a good idea don't ya think?

Comment

Itís a nice day today, probably will have rain again tomorrow. I made a quick run through my cookbook collection today and Iíve got at least 20 that Iím going up get rid of in the next week or so. I really need to go through the rest of them and get rid of a bunch more. I wish more of you lived close in case anyone wanted some of them.

Weíre going to have the rest of the Vietnamese Caramel Pork (seriously, you HAVE to try it) and brown rice and veggies for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                  Itís a nice day today, probably will have rain again tomorrow. I made a quick run through my cookbook collection today and Iíve got at least 20 that Iím going up get rid of in the next week or so. I really need to go through the rest of them and get rid of a bunch more. I wish more of you lived close in case anyone wanted some of them.

Weíre going to have the rest of the Vietnamese Caramel Pork (seriously, you HAVE to try it) and brown rice and veggies for dinner.
                  Could you donate your cookbooks to your local library ?

Comment

Itís possible. I will probably donate them to Salvation Army if the library doesnít want them.

Comment

I specifically go to thrift stores looking for vintage cookbooks.

Comment

Working...
                      X