What is the oldest recipe you have

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the oldest recipe you have

from CopyKat? Going through my recipes I found several from 2001. I use to get the recipes long before I joined the chat room.
    How old are your favorite ones?

Iím not positive, but it might have been Houstonís Cole Slaw. Thereís one I posted several years ago, Creamy Meat Balls, that comes up as one of the favorites now and then. I got the original recipe from a dear friend about 40 years ago.

Comment

Good question and I'm trying to think hard about what recipes I tried from here. As cooking is not my favourite thing to do it's quite possible that I haven't tried any... *hangs head in shame*
      I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

I have tried several recipes from this board, some where good, some not so good. But I don't remember which one is the oldest recipe?

Comment

When I printed the recipes the date is on the bottom of the page. That is the only way I know.

Comment

I do remember one of the first recipes I got was from Peabody.

Comment

About 40 years or so there was a recipe in our local newspaper
              on a black bottom pie that had a layer of hot fudge sauce -- that
              was made w marshmallows and chocolate chips and said the sauce
              can also be used for hot fudge sundaes. It was right on target with restaurant
              hot fudge sauce. I made it a couple of times and lost the recipe w moving.
              I have tried many HFS but never the right one..

Comment

The very first copycat recipe I searched for (dunno if it was here or on another site) was for the cole slaw at Tony Roma's. We didn't have any where we lived, but when we visited family in Miami, FL, I was very pregnant with my oldest and was obsessed with that cole slaw. I ordered two take-out portions. The person who gave it to me asked if I needed a fork? I told her I had one in the car!!
                "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

It was a recipe for General Tsao's Chicken,dated 2000.Its one of the best general chicken recipes that I've eaten.Deliciousness!

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    I do remember one of the first recipes I got was from Peabody.
                    I miss her a lot... she was one of those people that once you met her, you'll never forget
                    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

It was a cold pea salad recipe. Such a nice lady.

Comment

The first recipe I saved from CK was for a pot roast that was seasoned with 3 different packets of [ranch dressing mix, I don't remember the other 2]. My sister printed an entire copykat cookbook for me some years ago. Copyright 2002 and fills a 3" binder.

Comment

Working...
                        X