Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 12th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will be a partly cloudy day with the high of 29 and the low of 21 with snow predicted.

Pizza is what DGS wants so he is making it tonight.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We had roast chicken, mashed potato, peas and gravy tonight. I was a purchased BBQ chicken and from that I made 5 meals, one each for John and I tonight and three for the freezer.

Not much happening on my side of the globe. Warm day so I've been out watering the gardens. Stinking birds have made a mess of my apricots. I'll pick the rest tomorrow and ripen them inside the house.

John will be out all day and well into the night tomorrow (Sunday). It will be my best opportunity to get some housework done... I can play loud music and have the airconditioning set just above freezing... *LOL* Aren't you relieved you don't live next door to me?
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

25° here this morning. Looks like the sun is trying to break through the fog and clouds.

Teriyaki Chicken, Egg Foo Yung, and steamed rice tonight.

Sunday will be using leftover rice for Shrimp Fried Rice, leftover Egg Foo Yung, S&S Pork, Pork and seeds, and experimenting with Fried Shrimp like you get in Chinese restaurants. *fingers crossed*

Comment

AngID - Egg Foo Young is one of my favorite Chinese dishes. I always order pork as I am not a seafood person. I love the gravy that comes with it. What is your recipe for Egg Foo Young if you don't mind - especially the gravy.

Comment

t’s sunny and partly cloudy right now, but this morning it was pouring down rain! My grandson Joshua arrived last night with his 6 month old Blue Heeler pup. She’s a sweetheart but Abby was NOT happy about it. See, Josh is one of HER pack, loves him to pieces and that puppy was in her place. Jealous much? I’ve never seen her react like that to another dog. We’re going to try re-introducing them outside on neutral ground.

We’re all going to Grimaldi’s for pizza tonight.

Comment

Having Happy Family solo.

Comment

I just dice four cups of veggies, tonight was 1 cup each of broccoli, celery, mushrooms, and bean sprouts, add a cup of diced protein, pork, chicken, or shrimp. Beat 4 eggs, I use my immersion blender, and mix into the bowl. Add about a TBL of soy sauce. Mix well and drop into a hot pan with a little oil. Maybe about one third a cup of mixture per patty. Fry until golden on each side. Transfer to a paper towel lined pan and keep warm in the oven while you make the next batch.

I don't make gravy. This is in my too try file:

Gravy/sauce for egg foo yung

1 1/2 c Chicken stock 1 tsp Molasses 1 tsp Soy sauce 1 TBL Cornstarch 2 TBL Cold water

Heat stock with molasses and soy sauce. Combine cornstarch with cold water; whisk into stock mix. Let come to boiling point and cook until thickened. Recipe from Mary Margaret McBride Encyclopedia of Cooking * Published by Homemakers Research Institute

Larry likes S&S Sauce on his. I just like soy sauce sprinkled on mine.

This is one of the very few dishes I will eat leftover.

Comment

Working...
              X