Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 13th Dinner Post

Good morning!

It snowed overnight a slight amount, the sun is shinning at the moment, cloudy in the north moving in with some snow. The high today will be 30 and the low of 20.

A friend was talking about the roast she had in the oven along with potatoes, carrots and onions and then sent me a picture of it on her plate ready for eating.
    I decided then I would have a roast, potatoes, carrots, onions and gravy today. It is a perfect day for making the house smell good along with warm and cozy. There is just something about a cold day and the aroma of good food that just makes you feel comforted. At least it does me.

What will be your Sunday dinner today?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

g'day, livetobake... I've had the house mostly to myself today. John went out at 9am and didn't get back until after 10pm. My dear neighbour came in for a cup of tea in the afternoon and we had a lively discussion about politics... (not Australian). It was fun and John would have loved to be part of it.

Tonight I finished the book I had been writing for Immy. It was meant for Christmas but I didn't have it ready. Andrew loves his and I know Immy will love hers when I give it to her tomorrow.

It's going to be a very hot day tomorrow and I usually stay home on those days, however I'm going shopping with Tiff and Immy and having lunch while we are at the shopping centre. I have no doubt that I will choose Chinese food. Immy will probably have sushi and I'm not sure about Tiff. I'm looking forward to it.

Dinner tonight was a non-event. I made some secret family recipe dip and grazed on it during the day with pretzels.
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Made a feast yesterday, pretty much snacking on leftovers. I am making General Tso chicken soup though, because I have to play with the new crock pot.

Comment

That meal really looks good muz. I love it when you post pictures. I like the way you present it. Very appealing.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I especially love the smell of a roast beef cooking on a cold winter day
          No roast for us today tho, we are just finishing up leftover take-out Chinese food.
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Itís been cool and cloudy today but so far itís been dry. I made a quickie Penzeys run earlier and then a fast grocery run. Otherwise itís been a quiet day.

Iím making the Internet sensation recipe Reuben Casserole for all of us, including grandson, and weíll have Caesar salad with it.

Comment

Working...
            X