Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 11th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The snow has returned, It is not as bad as predicted. Well, so far it isn't. There have been weather reports being issued since yesterday but I always take a wait and see attitude. We only have about 2 inches and it is very damp out along with the high of 36 and the low of 28. It is very dark and dreary out.

I have days when cooking is just not on my mind and today is one of them. At Aldi's the other day I came across some white sharp cheddar cheese that has minced cranberries in it. Oh my gosh, so good. I mean so good. It is a 8 oz. round package of yumminess. I am putting on bread I have in the making, will pop it into the toaster oven on toast, and then will have that delicious cheese melted onto some homemade bread along with a mug of tomato soup. Comfort food at it's finest.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I almost got that darn cheese. I had it in my hand but I did not know what I would do with it. I made the mistake of buying a caramel apple cheddar that had once and it was so gross so I think that scared me off. I am only working a half a day today as I have banking to get finished. I am getting everything set in place because I think I am going to put notice in July to quit the 9-5 world. Anyways, I am doing the pickle meatloaf again hoping I can get some good pictures this time since it will be daylight when its all done.

Comment

livetobake... have you ever tried the fruit pastes that are meant to be eaten with cheese? I buy the Beerenberg products because not only are they amazing but they are all hand produced... not a machine. It's also a family business. These are the fruit pastes that they have and I love them all:

https://i.imgur.com/zCxnRyh.jpg
      Later this year when our apricots and plums are ripe I'm going to make some pastes. I've been keeping the Beerenberg jars to reuse.

I love eating cheese... especially Brie and I buy one 250g round every week.

As you know most of our day today was spent watching the Arborists trim my tree. It won't need any attention again for three years. I was impressed that they climbed almost to the top of the tree and studied the shape before carefully pruning off branches. They started at 8.30am and didn't finish until just after 2pm.

Dinner tonight was chosen by John. I'm trying to teach him to how to shop for food. I told him that we needed bananas and chocolate and he added a nice piece of porterhouse steak that I cut into three meals. He has his steak with mashed potato, two fried eggs, onion and peas. I had my smaller piece of steak with coleslaw.

I'm about to have my supper and go to bed. I'm having dry biscuits with cheese and quince paste and a glass of orange juice.
      I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

No Chayote, I have not. That sounds really good tho. I will check around and see what I can find. I had some of the cheese the other day for my lunch on some rye bread and it was so good melted on there. I am really liking that cheese. Have you seen it or tried it?
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

A friend in PA told me about that cheddar and cranberry cheese at Aldi a few months back and I was immediately interested. We finally have an Aldi about 5 miles from us and it was one of the first things I looked for there. OMG! That is some seriously delicious cheese! Its one you savor every single bite. I was back at Aldi a couple of weeks ago and bought 3 more packages of it, along with the pepperoni mozzarella.

It is bright and sunny today, but it is downright chilly here. Abby is snugged down in the soft fleece throw on the couch and shes not moving. Quiet day around home, just some general tidying to do. Ken has gone to Walmart to get another 22 lb bag of cat food for his pet feral cat at the park he fishes in every day. Hes been taking care of her for years and he is the only person allowed to touch her. Hes definitely got a gift with animals.

We will finish up the zucchini pizza casserole tonight and have garlic bread with it.

Comment

Working...
          X