as requested... my gardens and tree and playground

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
    just beautiful! thanks for sharing. Mine here is complete opposite.....wildflowers, forests of trees, granite rock lol
    hi, MudderBear... thank you. Wildflowers, trees and rocks make a great garden. I would love to have a lot of flowers but I can't because I suffer from asthma. The roses are the only flowers I have and they deliberately don't have much smell.
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Originally posted by smokey View Post
      Amazing! My apartment is full of plants but I miss a yard and garden. The tree isn't that big. Maybe he really wants to spy on you!
      g'day, smokey... had the circumstances been different when you were in Melbourne we could have had lunch in my garden, however it didn't look like it does now at the time...

We will keep the tree at that height now. It's tall enough for a suburban garden.

Comment

Yes, sitting and watching her play would be a delight. Now, understand that a outdoor picnic would be in order with some simple finger foods that would not interrupt her playtime along with some chocolate chip cookies just for the spoiling factor.

What a lovely time that would be.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

she's not big on sweet things... more likely to want baby cucumbers, cheese sticks, olives, pickles and tomatoes.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Beautiful garden and thanks for sharing. I cannot have plants inside as my cats will eat or destroy them. Can't have plants outside as I live in a co-op and nowhere to plant anything - no balcony either.

Comment

I have always said the I like dill pickles over sweet as I was sweet enough,, so I will put Immy in the same category of being so sweet she does not care for or need sweets!!!
                Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                He drew a circle that shut me out.
                But love and I had the wit to win,
                We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

Thanks, midwestguy. I'd be interested to know what you were picturing. The neighbour has been there for about three years and has complained constantly about the tree starting with saying his wife didn't want to rake up the leaves that it drops in Summer and more recently saying that the tree was riddled with termites and is a danger to his grandchilden. To be honest I didn't think the kids there were his grandchildren. He looks a lot younger than he obviously is. Now it all makes sense that his daughter or son live in the house he owns next door to the one behind us. He removed the dividing fence between the two properties and in the process removed the main post that joined four fences. Now our fence has nothing to support it which is annoying. All we can do is put a metal bracket to hold our two lines of fencing together and then cover it up with a plant or wall ornament.
                  I just noticed your pup in the pics.. awww. Love it!! Great question; I guess we all picture something we know or have ourselves usually. I pictured a bit different.. I pictured lots of wildflowers (native flowers to your area) and grasses, a few of the gum trees also towards the back. a simple stone pathway winding through the gardens. I think I kind of described our last house; less the gum trees. we had white oak trees and a few maples. This current home is also white oak; some maples and a few pines. very hilly here (sand dunes). natural landscaping with local native wildflowers, etc. I have a lot of shade; so growing herbs and such isn't going to happen here. less work right? LOL thats what grocery stores and farmers markets are for. Once again; just beautiful.. I would love to sit out back of your place with a cocktail or glass of wine.. and just enjoy the beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by midwestguy View Post

I just noticed your pup in the pics.. awww. Love it!! Great question; I guess we all picture something we know or have ourselves usually. I pictured a bit different.. I pictured lots of wildflowers (native flowers to your area) and grasses, a few of the gum trees also towards the back. a simple stone pathway winding through the gardens. I think I kind of described our last house; less the gum trees. we had white oak trees and a few maples. This current home is also white oak; some maples and a few pines. very hilly here (sand dunes). natural landscaping with local native wildflowers, etc. I have a lot of shade; so growing herbs and such isn't going to happen here. less work right? LOL thats what grocery stores and farmers markets are for. Once again; just beautiful.. I would love to sit out back of your place with a cocktail or glass of wine.. and just enjoy the beauty.
                    I would love a garden like you described but it would take a much larger block than we are on. Our house is on one of the smallest blocks in our street and then we extended our house 30 years ago so that took up most of the garden space. As we are getting older we are happy with what we have. I do most of the garden work but once a month we get someone in to thoroughly clean up the leaves and dust from the pavers and rocks. The next step will be to install timers on each tap so we can go away and not fear coming back to a dead garden.

Funny, I always wanted to live in a two storey house but now I couldn't think of anything worse. Needs have come to matter before wants.

Comment

Working...
                    X