Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 12th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is so dreary and dark out with the rain coming down. I swear I feel like I am moving through the seasons so fast this winter and now am in the "Spring Rain" mode again along with all the mud that goes with it. The high today will be 47 with a low of 26.

I will be solo so will have some of the delicious cheddar and cranberry cheese melted on a slice of homemade bread and an orange.

What will you be eating this evening that will fill your tummy?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I am going to try John Wayne beef and biscuit casserole, but I am going to low carbify it so it could be a disaster, we shall see.

Comment

Now I'm craving for home baked bread, preferably still warm from the oven with lashings of butter and a scraping of Vegemite. But that's just a dream. I really need to try baking bread.

What we actually had was BBQ lamb leg steak and coleslaw. My boring husband had his with mashed potato and peas. We also had sauteed zucchini that was picked today from Gordon's garden.

It was very cool today which was a great relief from the heat. It's going to be cool until Sunday so I'll get lots of gardening done.
      I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Chayote,

If you have never baked bread maybe think about a bread machine. I know there is so many on the market and maybe someone on here has one they could recommend. They are very easy using, "almost" foolproof and there would be not "knead", pun intended, for a lot of standing. It takes about two hours from start will you have the bread.

I have a Kitchen Aide 6 qt. mixer with the dough hook so mine is very easy and simple without all the kneading but I still do the first and second rise and baking in the toaster oven. I don't mind as I find handling the dough, shaping it is very soothing for me. I have baked so much bread, rolls and cinnamon rolls over the years, kneaded all the bread by hand back then. The aroma just a comfort smell that cannot be beat and the taste, texture and especially the warm crust with some homemade strawberry or peach jam on it is my "slice" of heaven.

Maybe someone has one you could go and see what you think or they would let you try in out and then you both could eat, sip coffee and have a great afternoon.

Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I wish I knew whats for dinner; I am clueless.... I thought maybe picking up carryout on the way home... just what kind? LOL

Comment

Itís been a non-rain day today but itís quite cool. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy. I dragged my lazy bee-hind out of bed this morning and went back to Curves, itís been awhile! I really need to get back to it regularly.

Weíre having our leftovers from Lucilleís BBQ for dinner, Alabama chicken for me, tri-tip beef for Ken. I heating some Madras lentils and red beans to have with it.

Comment

Ended up stopping at the grocery store for a rotisserie chicken, side of Mac and cheese and creamed spinach.. a few tater wedges.. just because..

Comment

Working...
              X