Chayote

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chayote

Have you tried the cheese we were talking about from Aldi? The cheddar and cranberry? If not, you have something good if you like cheddar and cranberries. You really don't taste the cranberries I think, but they just add into the flavor. I am getting more tomorrow when out an about. I have more scarves I have ready for donating so will be in the area of Aldi.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I was going to answer your message later on. Our Aldi doesn't have any American cheeses. I've never seen white cheese outside America unless you're talking about feta or goat's cheese or something like that. I thought all cheddar cheese was yellow until I visited the US. Cranberries are not that popular here. I've seen cranberry sauce in jars, dried cranberries and cranberry juice and that's about all.

I've had cheese with dried apricots mixed through it... that's nice. Also one that had pickled capsicum and onion... that was awesome. My big treat during the week is when I buy brie and eat it with a fruit paste and a packet of pretzels.

I wonder what the world record for the number of scarves made in a year... you'd have to be in the running for that.
    I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Chayote,

My fingers and hands, especially my left one would be happy if I stopped and let them have a vacation. So far this winter I have donated 65 scarves and still have lots of yarn. I can make one a day and sometime one and a half if my hand is not moaning and groaning a lot. This last cold spell I was told that people were so grateful for them. I have seen some people out wearing them and am happy they are being worn and I am hoping that they also warm the heart and spirit knowing that they are thought about and cared for even if it is in such a small way.

This just my opinion but I truly believe that being a blessing towards others no matter how big or small is something that should be done. I am always telling DGS that he needs have that attitude in his spirit all of his life.

Comment

It's certainly a good attitude to have. Don't forget the idea of using polar fleece to make them... you can still crochet around the edge for a nice touch.
        I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Question on that. Would I not need sewing around the edge of the fleece so it does not turn or roll? My machine is on the blink and I have been debating for awhile if I should get a new one or not. I will not invest a lot of money in one.

Comment

LTB, DIL just cuts the fleece and fringes the ends.

Comment

No rolling or turning under smokey? For some reason I was thinking it would. How much easier would that be???!!!! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X