Cotton Candy grapes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotton Candy grapes...

Anyone tried these? I bought some in this week's groceries and they are so yummy. Much sweeter than most grapes. I'm looking online for a grape vine that I can grow in our elevated garden and would love one of this variety but it seems that it's only available in California so far. The grapes are now grown here in Mildura but not selling vines as yet.

I'll probably grow some red globe grapes until I can buy Cotton Candy grapes...

I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

I had them, they were just OK. It was like every few grapes one tasted like cotton candy the rest were just sweeter than normal.

Comment

I have heard of them, never tried them. Will give them a whirl next time I see them in the store.
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I have not tried them either. The apple orchard grows grapes and they are so small and sweet. The have several varieties and some are like eating candy. The fact that they are picked and put out for sale within hours of picking is a big plus in the condition and flavor.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

They were expensive for a small bunch of grapes but they are different and I like them. I bought some white seedless grapes which turned out to be enormous grapes for $5.50 per kilo and then the Cotton Candy grapes because I wanted to try them for $12.25 per kilo. I probably won't buy them again but they've been a nice experience.

I've kept some for Immy to have tomorrow when we get home from Kinder Gym.

Comment

I bought them serveral times in FL. RoRo told me about them. Good stuff!

Comment

Speaking of RoRo I keep hoping she will come back and post. I so enjoyed them.

Comment

Originally posted by livetobake View Post
                Speaking of RoRo I keep hoping she will come back and post. I so enjoyed them.
                Me too LTB.

Comment

They've become popular in quite a few stores here in Northern California. I personally am not thrilled. The first few you eat do taste a bit like cotton candy i guess but then the flavor seems to diminish and they start tasting like regular green grapes. My favorite grape is a large green seedless grape that is extra crunchy. I can't remember the brand name but they are so good especially when ice cold.

Comment

Jacinda grabs them every time they get them . my favorite are moon grapes!!

Comment

I've seen them but haven't tried them..

Comment

Mmmmmm, cotton candy, wine and a fireplace. What do you think Cutie?

Comment

Originally posted by mommyx2 View Post
                          Jacinda grabs them every time they get them . my favorite are moon grapes!!
                          I have to agree on the moon grapes, they are the best!

Comment

My DIL mentioned Cotton Candy grapes last year and I had never heard of them. I eventually spotted them in the store and bought some. They really weren't memorable and I do remember thinking "what is the big deal?". I think the name is just intriguing but that's all.

Comment

As Hayburner said, you can only taste the cotton candy flavour for the first one or two grapes and then after that they just taste like a sweeter variety of grape. I'd still like to grow some.

Comment

Working...
                              X