Bean

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bean

How is the hand? I hope nothing serious.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Hi LTB. They think itís a blood clot. My hand swelled up pretty bad, itís purple and I have a red streak going up my arm. Had to go to another place for an ultrasound. Just waiting to hear back from my doc. Thanks for asking.

Comment

You are welcome Bean. You have no idea how sorry I am hearing that. I have been battling that in my leg since August, tests, you name it and it am getting nowhere. Now my sugar is giving me fits so bad, vision was gone from Thursday till yesterday it was so blurry. DGS even posted my dinner posts for me. Meds changed and still not doing the best.

I sincerely hope you get this taken care of as soon as possible, I got the results from the ultrasound within the hour as the doctor told me I should wait and he would call me there. I did, he did. If it gets past the elbow I would not hesitate heading for the ER. I marked mine with a black marker so everyone had a "map" of it from beginning till the end.

Please let me know how you are as I will worry about you. Take care my Friend. Please.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
        Hi LTB. They think itís a blood clot. My hand swelled up pretty bad, itís purple and I have a red streak going up my arm. Had to go to another place for an ultrasound. Just waiting to hear back from my doc. Thanks for asking.
        What do the doctors think is causing the blood clot ? Scary. Did they put you on blood thinner ?

Comment

that sound very scary, Bean. With the red streak going up your arm are you sure you haven't been bitten by something nasty?
          I love my computer because all my friends live inside it!

Comment

Bean, hoping you get an answer soon and that your hand can get back to normal.

Comment

Well? And whats going on with your momma? You need a break.

Comment

I second that muz. I was just thinking that last night. First her mom, then her foot surgery and now this. None are small ticket items and the stress level just keeps going up.

Comment

They checked to make sure it wasn't a spider bite. I've had Cellulitis before (back in FL. after being bit by one of the biting flies). I knew this wasn't it, because that was very painful and I had gotten bit several times over the years. I was on meds 6 weeks each time I got bit to prevent the Cellulitis. Anyways, the doc called last night after 9 and no blood clot! My blood work came in early this morning (email) and from what we can see, everything in normal range. The Doc is calling me today. She thinks it may have been a bad bruise and/or slight infection my body fought off. I am on Motrin and icing it up and so far it's gone down, no pain and less purple. I just have to keep an eye on it.

As for my Mom, that's another story. It's been a hard road and hoping things settle down more in the next week. I'll be back to fill in later, it would take a day to type it all up now.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

LTB, I hope youíre feeling better too!

Comment

Can't add anything except take care Bean & LTB

Comment

Thanks Bean.

About the red line, please mark it and keep track of it just in case. It may have already receded and I sure hope so.

I am so relieved there is no blood clot.

Life just gets you by the jugular vein and won't let go till it feels like it is sucking you dry at times. I hope things settle for you and that you feel better soon..

Comment

Iím watching it. Itís not gone any further up my arm. I had the red streaks in my leg back in FL and knew to get to the ER ASAP.

Its been one one heck of a year, thatís for sure!

Comment

I am sorry Ruby for being rude. I just saw your well wish for Bean and I. My vision is still not good. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                              They checked to make sure it wasn't a spider bite. I've had Cellulitis before (back in FL. after being bit by one of the biting flies). I knew this wasn't it, because that was very painful and I had gotten bit several times over the years. I was on meds 6 weeks each time I got bit to prevent the Cellulitis. Anyways, the doc called last night after 9 and no blood clot! My blood work came in early this morning (email) and from what we can see, everything in normal range. The Doc is calling me today. She thinks it may have been a bad bruise and/or slight infection my body fought off. I am on Motrin and icing it up and so far it's gone down, no pain and less purple. I just have to keep an eye on it.

As for my Mom, that's another story. It's been a hard road and hoping things settle down more in the next week. I'll be back to fill in later, it would take a day to type it all up now.

Thanks everyone!
                              No blood clot , that is good news. I am wondering if this infection that you have is a result of the surgery you just had ?

Comment

Working...
                              X